ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121506
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Thanks all! I've seen FMA, it was sooo good!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So just finished the only good part of SAO (ep 1-14) and it was a load of meh. Sure it was enjoyable, but it wasn't anything special by any means. So easy to tear apart for the load of *TIPPING OF FEDORA INTENSIFIES* that it is.

Kill la Kill was good, much better than SAO, but again nothing too special. Made fun of popular tropes and do so quite well, but the story just felt to drag on after a point. It brings you back in near the end, though.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

So last night I finished Cowboy Bebop (my tenth anime, YAY!). It was actually pretty good, I came in with high hopes for it. Those hopes were rather crushed due to the lack of a strong, central plot and so I wasn't too impressed for awhile. The thing about it is, the demonstrated that if they really set their minds to it it could have had an amazing plot and it would have been much, much better. However, I did really start enjoying it for the last 3 episodes.... And then there was that ending...That last episode had me sold.

Now I'm looking for what else to watch. I've already got a few shows lined up but I'd like some more.

I've already watched:
Attack on Titan
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop
Zankyou no Terror
Black Butler
Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
and I'm caught up (mostly) with the Naruto: Shippuden dub.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Sounds like an excellent time for a Miyazaki film fest.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Death note
Full metal alcemist
Attack on titan
Black buttler
Claymore
Code geass
Kiseijuu sei no kakuritsu
Hell girl
Clannad
Dusk maiden of amnesia
Deadman wonderland
Steins gate
Familiar of zero
Shiki
Blood+
Mirai nikki
Ga rei zero
Black lagoon
Shinsekai Yori

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

@Ishtaron where can I watch these online and which ones would you suggest?

Note: I do prefer to watch dubbed, one of the reasons for that is because I do 98% of my anime watching, in my bed, in a dark room at night/really early morning; and therefore eye-strain is a problem as it also makes me tired and when that happens I have to stop watching because I can't concentrate enough to understand what's going on.

Also, is the Cowboy Bebop movie worth watching?

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I usually use animeultima, although depending on which hosting service the video is on it may have been taken down so a lot of older series and films can be hard to watch. I couldn't find dubs for Howl's Moving Castle or My Neighbor Totoro but here's Princess Mononoke and Laputa. That's about 4 hours well spent.

The Cowboy Bebop movie is a lot like an extended episode. I enjoyed it but judging by you're comments on the series I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop in general more than you did.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

So last night I finished Cowboy Bebop (my tenth anime, YAY!). It was actually pretty good, I came in with high hopes for it. Those hopes were rather crushed due to the lack of a strong, central plot and so I wasn't too impressed for awhile. The thing about it is, the demonstrated that if they really set their minds to it it could have had an amazing plot and it would have been much, much better. However, I did really start enjoying it for the last 3 episodes.... And then there was that ending...That last episode had me sold.

I fully agree. It's a good anime, but really overhyped. The plot was on backburner the entire time except for the end and it was mostly a series of independent, related episodes of the crew's life. I liked it, but had it been more serious about the plot, it could have been way more amazing.

Now I'm looking for what else to watch. I've already got a few shows lined up but I'd like some more.

Darker Than Black I'd heavily recommend, along with Soul Eater and Angel Beats. Based on the ones you've already watched, it seems that you like deep plot with action.

Note: I do prefer to watch dubbed, one of the reasons for that is because I do 98% of my anime watching, in my bed, in a dark room at night/really early morning; and therefore eye-strain is a problem as it also makes me tired and when that happens I have to stop watching because I can't concentrate enough to understand what's going on.

For dubbed, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, and Zatch Bell (although with Zatch Bell they mess up the ending in the anime, so you'd want to go to the manga around ep 100).

where can I watch these online and which ones would you suggest?

My favorite site is www.gogoanime.com.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Awhile ago I looked up anime similar to Death Note and found a couple that looked interesting, those being Darker Than Black and Ergo Proxy. My brother finished Ergo Proxy and then tried Darker Than Black but stopped watching because he said it was really boring. I'll try it sometime when I'm running low on shows to watch.

I quite Soul Eater after 3 episodes because it was too lewd. After checking the IMDB parents guide and seeing that most of what it mentioned was from the episodes I watched I've decided that I'll give it another go after I finish Ergo Proxy.

I'll be sure to give Angel Beats and Zatch Bell a try, too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I'll be sure to give Angel Beats
I can vouch for Angel Beats, it's just a good watch.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

I forgot to mention school rumble in my list I posted. School rumble is a quite cute anime.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I was tricked into watching High School of the Dead. Don't make the same mistake. You can't unsee things once they're seen.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I was tricked into watching High School of the Dead. Don't make the same mistake. You can't unsee things once they're seen.

My friends didn't try to trick me into watching that, they were very up front about the fact that High School of the Dead is only to be watched if you want to stare at boobs. I actually got bored enough to watch the whole series over one weekend. The gore could have almost made up for the lewdness if it weren't for the creepy teacher and the improbable physics of that scene where he uses one of the girls as a stabilizing stand for a sniper rifle. The resulting boob bounce clearly should have torn her chest off and left her bleeding out. No part of the human body should be able to move that way.

I can vouch for Angel Beats, it's just a good watch.

I haven't watched it yet because it's not my type of genre but from what I've heard it will make you cry.

I can't remember if anyone has recommended this yet, but if not shame on me. If you're looking for story driven action Manly you should watch Samurai X. It's completely dubbed and has some fantastic fight scenes.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Also one cannot be an anime lover without watching spice and wolf. Its a master piece.

btw. if one want to watch an anime which have dept meaning, and gives a lot after thoughts, then I will highly recommend watching: Shinsekai Yori
It is simply brilliant and most underrated anime I have seen.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Any tips for trying to forget spoilers? I've accidentally come across many major spoilers and I'd like to try to not think of them every single day before I get to said episode(s).

So you don't look down on me or anything I'd like to clarify that that list was from top to bottom in ascending order my rankings of those shows. For me, something that's about as important as a good plot is good characters, and Attack on Titan will always be one of my least favorite shows because none of the characters have any personality.

I'm currently about 8 episodes into Ergo Proxy and it's pretty interesting so far. I fully expect it to be pretty high on my list.

Showing 91-105 of 333