ForumsWEPREric Frein

13 6874
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I'm sure that most of us have heard about Eric Frein and the situation in the Pocono Mountains.

If not, then here is a news article that details the story of this troubled person.

[url]http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/09/who_is_eric_frein.html[/url]

Seventeen days ago, Eric Frein ambushed a Pennsylvania State Police barracks, killing a trooper and wounding another. He then fled to the forests of the Pocono Mountains, where he currently continues to elude law enforcement officials. Some people have called his act 'courageous', others have called it 'cowardly.' Either way, what he has done has permanently shattered the lives of the family of the police officer that he killed.

My questions are:

-What could be a possible motive(s) for a person to harbor anger towards someone, which becomes so intense that it motivates that individual to murder his enemy?

-How is it possible for one man to elude hundreds of police officers from finding him?

-How can we prevent another situation like this from happening again?

• 13 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

What could be a possible motive(s) for a person to harbor anger towards someone, which becomes so intense that it motivates that individual to murder his enemy?
so many possible motives.. logical and illogical once. so here you go. =) some possible motives for jack the ripper. maybe a different case but anything is possible.

How is it possible for one man to elude hundreds of police officers from finding him?
preparations.. like you cant, just beat a guerrilla war. that forest is his ground.. (a crazy man doesn't mean a stupid man. )

How can we prevent another situation like this from happening again?
you don't.
unless your gonna put cameras in all the woods. and good luck getting that past the privacy laws.

=======
edit:
that link maybe needs a age warning? i dunno, could be offending for some easily offended people. =) so you have been warned... =P

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

preparations.. like you cant, just beat a guerrilla war. that forest is his ground.. (a crazy man doesn't mean a stupid man. )

I saw a show about the true story of a criminal who had dug dozens of tunnels in a forest for the sole purpose of evading the police. He put snakes and stuff in some of the decoy tunnels to injure officers that searched for him.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I saw a show about the true story of a criminal who had dug dozens of tunnels in a forest for the sole purpose of evading the police. He put snakes and stuff in some of the decoy tunnels to injure officers that searched for him.

Perhaps you can make a link of where you found this info, if that's okay with you.
The_Russian3768
The_Russian3768
35 posts
Shepherd

Seen the article about the guy just someone who want's attention that is it. Its kind-of like the guy who went and shot up a movie theater, why? for attention what other reason would someone have?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This freak thinks he's Rambo or something.
I hope they get him soon before he kills more people.

ShinyCowBeast
ShinyCowBeast
120 posts
Nomad

How is it possible for one man to elude hundreds of police officers from finding him?

well, say you're an officer searching for the guy. Have you seen the movie "first blood?" Well, if i was looking around in unfamiliar woods, I wouldn't be inclined to look closely into all the little corners and hollows the guy could be hiding in. That would be a great way to get myself killed without time to do anything about it. So while the officers are looking all over the place, they don't necessarily cover 100% of the area they pass through.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Apparently he's was captured earlier today.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Yep....he was!
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/us/pennsylvania-trooper-shooting-suspect/index.html?hpt=hp_t1[/url]

A good thing, too...everyone can go about their business without having to worry about being shot at.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

well, say you're an officer searching for the guy. Have you seen the movie "first blood?" Well, if i was looking around in unfamiliar woods, I wouldn't be inclined to look closely into all the little corners and hollows the guy could be hiding in. That would be a great way to get myself killed without time to do anything about it. So while the officers are looking all over the place, they don't necessarily cover 100% of the area they pass through.

Couldn't they have used thermal imaging at night to find him? If they had attached one of those cameras to a helicopter, they would have found him in a few days instead of seven weeks.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Couldn't they have used thermal imaging at night to find him? If they had attached one of those cameras to a helicopter, they would have found him in a few days instead of seven weeks.

They DID use thermal imaging. It still took weeks.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

There are 3 reasons to kill a cop:

1: You want a challenge, or you are sending a message.
2: You have a personal grudge with the cop.
3: The cop is bad, corrupted, unpunishable, etc. Someone that should never had become a cop.

If you make a prank on a cop, and the cop arrests you, then the cop is someone who should be fired. Why there are no happy cops, that dont think since they are the law, they are allowed to do what they want.

Best cops are those that have fun, and don't act all mighty.

The_Russian3768
The_Russian3768
35 posts
Shepherd

That Xerox or just kill to get attention...why does anyone *including terrorists* kill people now? To get attention...

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

That Xerox or just kill to get attention...why does anyone *including terrorists* kill people now? To get attention...

http://rocketdock.com/images/screenshots/neo.jpg
A terrorist is someone who uses terror tactics to send a message and get their political way, not for just some attention.
Showing 1-13 of 13