ForumsForum GamesCard Frontier ~ Kickstarter

14 2626
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

This game is a mixture between a card game and a city building game. In it, you are a colonist sent by the great empire of Amor to colonize the new lands to the South. These new lands are VERY dangerous, but since the supply of iron and steel is low, we use instead magic cards. These cards trap the soul of a dead or dying creature, to where you may summon them whenever. This is the only way the town protects itself, along with its occupants when going and getting resources. This way of defending yourselves has also become a way of entertainment since not as many gambling games were made yet, and is now not only means for protection but means for fun, games, and gambling. You, one of the many settlers, must use these cards in a mixture to defend yourself from wild creatures and with making your fortune from gambling and doing jobs for the colony by collecting wood, minerals, and many other items.

The goal of the game is to expand the colony and make all the buildings maximum level. To do this, you collect items and get paid for it. The items you must collect are in the wilds, and you must defend yourself by using the cards. The cards are upgrade-able, and every time you kill something with them they become slightly more powerful, by absorbing the dead creature's soul or whatever into the card and its full of magic science stuff. The creatures stats depend on variables of 10 (10, 20, 30, etc) and there are two values, Health and Damage. A cards Damage NEVER overcedes its Health, unless something is equipped. The Health is the second number, damage is first (etc a 40/70 would do 40 damage a hit and have 70 health). Of course, theres abilities, equipable items, etc, but we'll get to that when I make the game.

If you want, you can suggest cards here as you sign up. If your lucky, you'll receive it and it'll be a card in the game.

• 14 Replies
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Sounds fun, how's this for a card: Sandwalker

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hmmm, I dunno, whats it does is the question.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

what does it sound like it does?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

This really interests me I must say.

A defender card, one with high health/low damage. Like a large man with a two-handed shield.
A glass canon, high damage/low health. A thin person who is light on their feet with a dagger who deals deathly blows to enemies but could be killed by a strong gust unfortunately.

I could think of some others too.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Stronger armor to add more health, better weapons for added attack, simple things. Poisons to add status effects to weapons.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

there will be all this stuff, and more. Did I mention the cards can level up and turn into different cards? Like, they wont transform into a new card, but a better version of itself.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Like a defender getting a better standard shield or armor? Sounds good to me!

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Our jacks poison being stronger

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@jackinbigletters
One of the more popular MMOs (2mil+ players) is called Card monsters, and the game's level feature would be like that. But different. (What it does is there are 5 ranks and every time you rank the card up you use an item and its stats increase by a certain amount). But, the thing is, the leveling will be 'slightly' different whereas you can kind of help to 'lead' the card down certain training and stat raises.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Mmmmh, I assume your equipment cards would strengthen too.

What about ranged cards that could fire from behind other cards and to get to them you would have to go through the card in front of them? Like riflemen and snipers and the such? Oh and what if you drew a saboteur card and then you damaged your opponent without having to attack them?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@jackinbigletters

The equipment cards would not strengthen.
I was thinking more of a different style where you drew three random cards and played them, but of course, if equipment is not working, we'd have to do it that way. I think the lay out would be like this:

Back Row: Ranged
Front Row: Melee
Front Row: Leader
Front Row: Melee
Back Row: Ranged

Ranged can attack any card but can only be attacked by ranged/People with Reach
Melee can attack other melee/leader
Leader is the same as melee or ranged, but if put on the Leader spot gives a bonus ability.

I dunno about saboteur cards, you mean cards that are like 'deal 50 damage to target creature' or something? maybe.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Ya something like that.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

heres the link

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24