ForumsGamesSkyrim- Good/Bad?

14 4334
ellielovescute666
ellielovescute666
61 posts
Nomad

I personally love this game! However, many of my friends think that it is a complete waste of time... I'd love to hear your opinions and any weird glitches that you have experienced.

~Ellie

• 14 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I love the game and have spent much time playing it. The Elder Scrolls has even become my favorite game series of all time and my favorite fictional universe.

That being said I do prefer the prequels Morrowind and Oblivion to it.

~Manly

Aleph_naught
Aleph_naught
6 posts
Nomad

I'll just leave this here for you, then.

Morrowind a best, in any case. Arena confused me, Daggerfall burdened me with choice, and Oblivion felt rushed.

Skyrim captured my mind like a child first experiencing gaming again, but that only lasted a few hours.

Morrowind, however, I can still feel that sense of fascination every time I play. Whenever I enter the Ashlands, I can smell the volcanic gases. Feel the crunching of the ground beneath me. The shrill cries of the cliff racers.

It may just be nostalgia, but none of the other games compare.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I'll just leave this here for you, then.

I've seen that! It's pretty and all, but it changes far too many mechanics to really just play it for the love of Morrowind.

It may just be nostalgia, but none of the other games compare.

Nah, I played Skyrim first, it feels nostalgic but how can I be nostalgic about something I only recently (depending on the context) played for the first time?

~Manly
liquidvenom13
liquidvenom13
82 posts
Shepherd

I have played the elder scrolls games since Morrowind. I think that they are all excellent games! I would love to see Bethesda re-vamp the old elderscrolls games with updated models for that more realistic look. Although there is a certain charm to low-poly models.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I like Skyrim a lot, but I usually don't play it for extended periods like I do most games. It's something I dip into after I've played through the whole of one game before starting another.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Bad. Well, mediocre.
Floaty combat with limited voice acting and copy-paste-staple quests/dungeons make for a popcorn or potato chip-like experience. If you're looking for something with more meat on its bones, I suggest Dark Souls 2, the easier of the Souls series, or The Witcher 2. Dragon's Dogma is a bit challenging and unforgiving to new players, but the character customization and progression is unparalleled.

There's certainly better RPG's, but for what it's worth, Skyrim and all it's expansions make for a fun enough game. I just wouldn't call it "amazing".

-Chillz

The_Russian3768
The_Russian3768
35 posts
Shepherd

I've put in a good 20+ hour's in Skyrim and I would say it a good game. Its not elder scrolls: oblivion that much I agree with but it is good in its own way.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I say it is bad. This game made me screw up my GPA

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

I really like the game, but you have to invest some time in to it to be succesful at it.

ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

I think the game is quite fun. The storytelling, the quests and the whole atmosphere was rather enticing when I played. I tend to play it in bursts though because it does get a little monotonous after a while what with all the questing and so forth. But I love medieval style games and Skyrim fits the bill when I want to delve into some dungeons.

Oblivion > Skyrim.
'Nuff said.

And yes, before you people hate, Morrowind was awesome too. Might be a bit biased though, since Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game I played.

(Been meaning to play Oblivion. Would you definitely recommend that?)
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

(Been meaning to play Oblivion. Would you definitely recommend that?)

I would for sure! For some reason I have to force myself to play it, but I never regret it. The combat is a little weird, but I like it better than that of Skyrim. The story lines (main and Shivering Isles, didn't care much for KotN) are far superior to any of Skyrim's. So yes, I would highly recommend it.
jaykowalski
jaykowalski
10 posts
Nomad

I like Skyrim alot, it took many hours of my life
But for me also Oblivion > Skyrim.

ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

I would for sure! For some reason I have to force myself to play it, but I never regret it. The combat is a little weird, but I like it better than that of Skyrim. The story lines (main and Shivering Isles, didn't care much for KotN) are far superior to any of Skyrim's. So yes, I would highly recommend it.

Hmm, then in that case I think I will just get it. Rather unanimous vote there
coppersmoke
coppersmoke
28 posts
Farmer

I love Skyrim and will never stop playing, I would say its the best but I am yet to play Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind but I am looking forward to playing all of them. Oblivion was way to easy. Also ChromeDeathRazor Skyrim is not bad just because you became obsessed with it. In fact I would say that makes it good.

Showing 1-14 of 14