ForumsArt, Music, and WritingRiddles of Someone Old

1 3865
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Welcome to Story time! Today we're going to hear the story of a man named Someone Old and learn about some moral lesson I forgot. Anyway, heres how it begins:

Long, long ago, before there were any Cars, guns, or things that could move without the aid of living organic things, about the time that R2D21999* baked his first batch of cookies (If the stories are correct), there lived a man. This man was a bit daft, but more than made up for it with his overly large muscles. He challenged many strong lumberjacks to wrestle, bidding a silver coin, but always won. One day, however, he came upon his hardest foe yet, and he did not know if he would ever win. Did he? You'll just have to read and find out!

The man he met was old, very old, hundreds of years old (201 to be exact) and his name was Someone Old. The brutish main character did not like the looks of Someone Old, but Someone Old offered him ALLLLL his worldly possessions if the Main Character (Lets call him Steve) could answer his 15 riddles. If Steve lost, however, than he would have to give someone that is old (not he be confused with Someone Old) his soul, so that they may be young and strong again. Steve, of course, accepted this challenge.

I'll just make up an easy riddle and he'll never figure it out Someone Old thought, then uttered these words: "STEVE! YOU MUST ANSWER THIS RIDDLE; WHAT IS GREEN OUTSIDE, RED INSIDE, AND FULL OF DARK SPOTS???" Someone Old chuckled. Fore if you were worth two pieces of salted bacon, you would know the answer to this is clearly Watermelon. However, Steve has never seen a watermelon before, and thought heavily. After a while, he set off to the west, towards The Forest Of Many Different Types Of Fruit II...

*No one knows when the great R2 was created and started making his first cookies, but their crumbs have been found to date up to 10,000 years ago.

• 1 Reply
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

After weeks of hunting, the man named Steve (Not really, we just call him that) returned to Someone Old, with the head of a goblin in his hand. Someone Old just laughed. "Hah! I was talking about a watermelon! not this! hah! you owe me your youth!" Someone Old laughed, evilly. Steve just stared. Then, in is overly Steve-ish voice, he spoke... "But is this not the same? Green on the outside, red on the inside, with dark spots? It is of the same, you are just jealous I have outsmarted you!" Steve turned angrily, to walk away.

This is not good... Thought Someone Old. Steve was correct, the head matched the riddle perfectly. And so Someone Old made another
"What is small enough to hold in one hand, yet large enough to hold two armies fighting?" Someone Old asked, knowing that the Brute should not get this one. (You should know the answer to this, but you might not. I dont think you dont know though.) And so, Steve thought very hard, and then left Someone Old again.

Showing 1-1 of 1