ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Get rid of Cloudflare!

6 9604
Nilwarp
Nilwarp
7 posts
Nomad

This unprofessional service is just a burden on your website.
It is unrofessional when you see the horrible page they throw in your face asking for a captcha which doesn't display and thus prevents you from loging in and spending your money as you like.
It is unprofessional when you see on the same page a message trying to make you believe you won't get this stupid page again if you run an antivirus. What a joke. The only thing this program does is some stupid IP address check and arbitrariy decides it doesn't like your IP address and shows you this useless page. This is proven by the fact I always get this supid page when I am roaming on a 4G connection. When I am at home, I never get it. Same computer, same up-to-date antivirus, different IP addresses.
Moreover, I have never seen a DDoS protection asking for this. Can you imagine a second facebook (which has faced large DDoD attacks in the past) using this painful process? Facebook activity, and thus advertising income, would have drop dramatically. Trust me, thiat will never happen.
So, please, get rid of Clouflare and find a profesionnal DDoS protection instead.

• 6 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

AG doesn't place these ads, it's an advertising company that places ads based on your search history and visited pages (most websites use such companies). If you've been looking at anti-viruses, you're bound to get anti-virus ads on just about every website you visit. It's not AG's fault, I'm not getting that ad, which means that it's not something they specifically placed there for all users to see.

~Manly

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Nilwarp

- How often do you see the captcha?
- What are you trying to do when you see it?
- Is this all from a mobile device?

The issue here isn't cloudflare, it's that you somehow keep triggering it and that shouldn't be happening. Maybe those questions will help solve that mystery.

Nilwarp
Nilwarp
7 posts
Nomad

Hello,
Sorry for my late answer.

- I never see the captcha, I only see that I am supposed to see it as it is mentionned on the (Cloudflare) page. Looking at the page code, it is supposed to be retrieved from Google, but there is an issue with the script apparently.
- I can't do anything as I don't see the Captcha. I am asked to type the characters I don't see and I am also asked to leave a message for the website owner. Wathever I type I am redirected to the same page - which is somewhat normal as I can't type the correct characters from the invisible captcha.
- it always happens when I connect my laptop through a 4G connection. When I connect my laptop at home, I never see this page from Cloudflare, and the game loads correctly.

Again, there is three issues with Clouflare from my point of view:
- the captcha should be displayed. I have tried with IE, Chrome, Chrome Canary and Firefox, and none diplays the captcha.
- the text in this page talking about antivirus has nothing to do there. What Clouflare does is a simple check on the IP address, that's all, And this has nothng to do with viruses.
- this web page should never been displayed n the first place. Again, this is not the right way to deal with DDoS attacks. as it is VERY annoying for your true customers.

Regards,
Nilwarp

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Nilwarp

Could we get a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Also what's your location, and what extensions do you have installed?

Nilwarp
Nilwarp
7 posts
Nomad

Hello,

I have a screenshot available but I don't know how I can upload it to a post here.
My location is France.
Regarding Google Chrome extensions, I run the minimum: Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. Nothing else.

Regards,
Nilwarp

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

You should be able to use Imgur.com to upload the image.

Showing 1-6 of 6