ForumsNews and FeedbackNot that Ads are typically a problem for me, but...

5 4090
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I understand the need for Advertisements, it gets you blokes paid, but can someone please tell me why I am getting a bunch of Spanish commercials before the game loads? I haven't seen an English advert in ages... I don't understand much Spanish, and I do not search for anything in Spanish, so I am unsure why this is happening, it kind of gets annoying after the first 10 Spanish commercials.

• 5 Replies
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

C-c-c-combo breaker! Looks like I had an English one, but it is possible to make some functionality to at least disable Spanish ads?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If I'm not mistaken, ads are targeted due to your internet search history. There are options in Chrome to disable such functions on ads. You'll still get ads, just general ones.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

AG have no control over the ads, AG only provides the "ad-space" the ads itself are launched by another company.
The ads you see are, as nicho still mentioned, based upon the surfers history (afaik this is the majority part) and also the country he is located.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Yet... here I am in Washington... odd... well, I'll disable that feature here in chrome. See if that helps.

Sandunes
Sandunes
7 posts
Farmer

Just wanted to chime in on this...

The ads you see are also based on the demographics of the neighborhood you live in (or the location you are at when you use the internet). In my case I moved across town to be close to work.

I also happened to move close to a neighborhood that speaks a lot of Spanish.

Now I get a lot of ads in Spanish. :P

Showing 1-5 of 5