ForumsGamesGC: Chasing Shadows is the ending really? [Spoilers]

11 5901
cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

You let the forgotten into the Spirit Forge, you find the gem of eternity... and that is all?

Can you get into the Spirit Forge? Or is that next installment?

Seemed rather anticlimactic...

• 11 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Well, that's not *quite* the end - there is a little bit more after that.

But, venturing into the S Hextile - the Hextile that should contain the Spiritforge - is speculated to either be the next Gemcraft game, or perhaps something to be released with the Steam version of the game. We just don't know.

But, after you've gotten the last little bit of the story, what's left is to enjoy the game itself. Doing stages for experience, not just to get through them so you can reach the next story element. Raise that Wizard Level!

cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

Other than finding the GoE, I am puzzled as to what else?

I am wiz level like 2800 or so... so really not much left. Unless someone can teach me how to write little programs do to the gem combining tricks and take the crap I hate this aspect out of enraging waves, which just sucks...

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Post your talisman, see if it's worth getting better pieces. Can't talk about macros here (although there's some auto-hotkey assignment scripts in posts here if you look), depends on OS which is the least clunky to use.

cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

I can get more 100 level pieces to the talisman, but I guess... what is the point, if nothing else to fight and the game is beat?

It would be sweet o have a GC that imports your previous wizard over to the next installment...

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Just read this topic: borthel's run that's what you can try to do, make as high gem grade as you can, also get highest level - if you want to. Or make "greatest level f hextile only" or similar.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Or make "greatest level f hextile only"

funny - I did exactly that just today, wl 72 @ f_only...
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I guess hex F is worth a try.

Also crack 20 million xp on V3. Everyone's on the same level there, I guess that's why vision fields are so hated.

I still have some grade 80 talisman pieces that are better than any of the thousand level 100s the game's coughed up for me. I mean that they all have good properties instead of things like gem-wasps and orblets that don't help you any.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Heh level 72 in a short time period on f only? Yeesh, what am I missing?

The one with the amps is good for 20-30k easy and that's level 20. I did F1 for another 10 levels, but at 10k xp per level, things are looking pretty ugly.

Crank traps skill, poison gems and summon with level 1s A LOT?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Funny, I try to get the 20 mio @ v3 and wonder a little how you did that, I use to overenrage around wave 100

I did not do the wl72 in a short time, but I pushed my f_hextile a little from wl 62 to wl 72...
http://s13.postimg.org/ipj4y4ntj/fhextilewl72.jpg
I don't know, if you have mp or not - With mp, I use a lot of chain and I have two traits to use for more xp.
Collecting "some" achievements helps - atm, I have 118 skillpoints from achievements. And talisman-frags with "+x% xp-gain" are usefull, too.

The xp's at the maps are:
f1: 241.823
f2: 243.454
f3: 174.483 (I must improve that!)
f4: 567.459
f5: 255.460
f6: 318.502

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

f3: 174.483 (I must improve that!)

done.
f3: 220.692, wl 73
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I made 49. Hit them all, then f5 and last as long as possible, that's 20 or so. F1 is probably most generous on shrines, get one in a good spot, that's an extra 10k raw xp at least. I guess that's why I'm losing interest in F only, random elements can make things easier, and it's annoying to collect cores and talisman parts that don't do much. Without MP, there wouldn't be much point, suppose I can try that anyway since endurance is whatever you get randomly

Now if we can move out a hex and get colors and bolt, we'd be ready to finish endurance.

On v3, I do 4 traps up front, grade 7 r/o, throw a 6o in an amp so they fire faster (make half white at 9, combine to 11 and then add the extra amps and a slow trap). Kill with a w/r grade 8, throw walls to keep the first half of the path beacon free up to 2 tiles out as fast as possible (add yellow at grade 13 or so, move to a trap whenever seems appropriate). I didn't do any gem optimization. Generally I anger 9x, start with grade 1 (unless that many makes them unkillable) and up a grade every 20 or so waves. You get most of your xp in the last 30-50 waves, so if you don't have grade 20 by about wave 160...I've made it up to grade 26 or 27.

Showing 1-11 of 11