ForumsSupport ForumToo many stickies?

26 4013
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I love how people are suddenly coming together to create new ideas and express all the rules much more clearly, but now it seems like most of the forum sections are way to crowded with stickied topics.

I think many of these stickies could be combined, and in doing so we would save space and everything would be easier to find. This would probally mean recreating a lot of people's works, but this is also an opertunity to get rid of multiple things mentioned in 2 different stickies, add more, and delete what is not needed.

These are my opinions of stickies that should be combined, I will also post ones that should not be combined with anything just to show how much mor space we would save in the forums.

Suport and Suggestions 9 to 6

>Guide to Everything on AG(Improved)
>How to Act Towards a Mod, Admin, or another User
>*Please Read* What to Do if You See Spam and What Exactly is Spam Guide

>*Read this first before posting!*

>User profile page update. All suggestions are welcome!

>Glitches on Armorgames

>The Moderation Team
>Want to be a Mod? Want Merits?

>N&N and Greg Merit Guide! (Improved)

Note: Dan could also make a new link to his own page on teh site that discuss many of the above, so instead of having all the rules right there in the forum. There could be a list of the main rules there, and the rest fo them somewere else on the site. All you would have to do is make a link from the forum to the rest of the rules. The same could be said with the "How to act towards a mod" and anything else relating to AG behavior.

World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc. 5 to 3

>The Great Debate!

>The World Events, Politics, Religion Forum Guide to Success
>Proper Citation

>*Popular Discussions* READ BEFORE YOU POST
>Please read before posting

Art, Music, and Writing 6 to 3

>Art & Music Rules - Read Before Posting
>Writing Guidelines
>Submit your art and music.

>T-Shirt Design Contest

>Useful Links (I beleive that instead of links to people's art... which gives the feeling of choosing one person's art over another which is unfair...plus many of the links are linsk to dead/not very good threads... it should only have links to popular MS Paint guides and other things that could help people with art or that topic be about those things.)

>Share your intrument! (Don't exactly know why its here but oh well... it is)

The ">"s that are bordering each other are topics I beleive that should be combined. ">" that are isolated are good as they are.

• 26 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

How would they go off topic if they will be squished together according to what subject they are on?

He's not saying throw all of the stickies together, just put things like the Merit Guide, Armourgames Guide, and other things togehter in groups.

It would make sense, well to me, since if I were looking for information, I would only have to look at one post, instead of browsing through three helpful guides =o

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I do see your point, especially if you have a slow computer like mine or a slow internet connection which is like mine yet again...

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Yes, they are similar, but not exactly the same. For example, the topics about getting merits and upsetting the mods is different enough from the topic about who the mods are to be a different topic.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well in books, the topic never stays the same. If they were to combime topics and the subject changed a little, were it is simular but not the same... they would do what they do in books, make a new paragraph.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I have to admit it's a bit unorganized...

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well in books, the topic never stays the same. If they were to combime topics and the subject changed a little, were it is simular but not the same... they would do what they do in books, make a new paragraph.

NoNameC68, online forums pages are not books. They need to stay on topic to be relevent. If they were like books, topics would ramble on and on about something that the topic was not intended for.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

True, they are not books, but you can list the list of mods, then list why you dont ask to be a mod, and talk about what to do if you encounter problems and how to report them too a mod. 3 paragraphs, one topic.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yea that would be nice because there are barely anymore posts on the first page.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that there are too many stickies, hopefully we will be able to condense these together. There has been a sudden influx of people writing 'guides' to AG, and some are very helpful.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well I personally think Dan should make a rules section under his about. Then explaining all the rules would be as easy as making a link to them. Also there could be more than just rules too. Like the thread about how to treat a mod and other users, in my opinion it does not deserve to be a sticky in its own self. There just is not enough in there, but what it is about is something that would be great if explained right after all the rules.

These are just my ideas though. I am sure whatever happens will work out. The only problem with re-writing everything would be the aurthors of some of that stuff might be upset if they are not warned that their stuff may be re-written. In fact, I am sure most of them would be comfortable rewriting their own stuff. Giving credit to the other people who had someone else re-write their original stuff.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

IIII Have an idea
Create one sticky with links to all of these stickys
unsticky all the rest and let them fall

Showing 16-26 of 26