ForumsForum GamesSkyfall (RPG)

24 8115
Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Story

The sky has existed alongside the world of Terrus ever since the Era of Creation, but no one knew exactly what the sky was or what purpose it served. Some saw it as a barrier, a layer of protection that kept the outside forces from harming the world and its inhabitants, and as well as a way to keep them from going out. Others came to associate it with a gateway, a portal to other worlds, a way to other dimensions and locations. But most came to revere it as a god, and they aptly named their new god, Skaia.

For thousands of years, the Terrans lived in peace and harmony. The numerous races that inhabited the world co-existed and got along with each other. Small conflicts between nations happened from time to time, but never something chaotic as a full-blown war. And so, the Terrans came to enjoy their peace. But with all stories, their peace would soon come to an end.

That day would have been like any other day, if not for the fateful catastrophe that struck that day. A solar eclipse occurred, blocking out most of the sun and covering the world in darkness. The Terrans were confused, they had not seen something like this happen before. Some were amazed, some were confused, and others were terrified. But none of them were prepared for the horror that was to come.

Almost all over the world, masses of dark energy fell from the sky, bombarding the land and causing mass panic and hysteria. The world sustained plenty of damage, and casualties were many. But that was not all, as from the black smoke that rose from the craters, emerged the very first monsters. The Terrans were not prepared for such a threat, and so, the monsters went on a terrible rampage throughout Terrus, laying waste to towns and cities, killing thousands of inhabitants. Thus, that day came to be known as The Day the Sky Fell.

Five years later, most of the world's population had been killed off by the initial onslaught of the monsters, but thanks to that, the Terrans rebelled and fought back, successfully driving off the monsters. Together, the Terrans sought to rebuild their ruined world, even with the imminent threat of the monsters still looming by. Only five years ago, their world was full of life and color, but now, it was bathed in darkness and death. Though the chances are bleak, they fight to bring back the world they once knew. You are one of these Terrans.

With the story out of the way, let's establish some rules.

Rules

1. No godmodding.
2. No trolling.
3. Use good grammar and spelling if possible. This is mainly a request, but it helps me.
4. I'll try to update at least once or twice a day.
5. Follow the previous rules and enjoy the game!

Character Sheet

Name: (First and last name if possible)
Appearance: (Describe what your character looks like such as hair, build, etc.)
Background: (What happened to your character before/during/after the monsters came? This is optional, but it will help me flesh out your character and give you a starting scenario. Otherwise I will make one for you.
---
HP: 15/15
MP: 10/10
Condition: Excellent
---
Strength (0/10): 5
Constitution (0/10): 5
Agility (0/10): 5
Intelligence (0/10): 5
---
Equipment: (Go pick a weapon below)
Inventory:

Gaining Stats

In this game there are no levels, instead, you get stronger through ALL of the actions that you do. For example, if you lift something heavy or kick down a door you'll gain experience in your Strength stat. Once you gain enough experience for that stat, it will go up and you'll have to get more experience again.

Races

Human - The Humans are a versatile and well-rounded race, equally excelling in all stats. Humans have a 1.0x experience modifier for all stats.

Half-Giant - Standing at 8 ft. tall, the Half-Giant is well-suited for melee combat. The Half Giant gets a 1.5x experience modifier for Strength and Constitution, but gain stats in Agility and Intelligence at a 0.5x rate. Half-Giants make good warriors.

Elf - The Elves are an extremely intelligent as well as agile race. As a result, they get a 1.5x experience modifier for Intelligence and Agility, but gain stats in Strength and Constitution at a 0.5x rate. Elves make good archers and mages.

Dwarf - Although they are short compared to other races, the Dwarves are much sturdier compared to races such as the Humans and Elves. Dwarves gain Strength and Constitution at a 1.25x rate, but gain Agility and Intelligence at 0.75x rate.

Half-Dragon - Considered to be the fiercest race in Terrus, Half-Dragons make extremely good warriors. They gain Strength, Constitution and Agility at a rate of 1.25x, making them extremely fierce on the battlefield, but as a result they gain Intelligence at an incredibly slow rate of 0.25x.

Starting Equipment

(Pick one)
* Rusty Sword + Battered Shield
* Rusty Broadsword
* Bent Bow
* Gnarled Staff
* Rusty Knife + Rusty Knife

That's about everything. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask. If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me and I may consider them!

• 24 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Ardonaue Bahcee
Race: Human
Appearance: Brown-ish and short hair, short, thin, not muscular one bit, light blue eye
Background: Before the day the sky fell, he lives happily as a normal kid. During the sky fell, he got separated from his family. Sheltering for years, he fought in the current present because he doesn't know what to do. He fights by picking off enemies from long range.
---
---
---
Equipment: Bent Bow (1-3 Ranged Damage), Dagger (2-3 Physical Damage), Simple Shirt, Simple Pants, Simple Boots
Inventory: Waterskin (3.0L/3.0L)
---
Allies
Lucius: 25/25HP, 10/10MP, Excellent
Equipment: Rusty Broadsword (Two-Handed, 2-6 Physical Damage), Leather Breastplate (3 Defense)

"Do you hear some rustlings from behind?" I ask and stop to hear more cautiously.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Appearance: Brown-ish and short hair, short, thin, not muscular one bit, light blue eye
Background: Before the day the sky fell, he lives happily as a normal kid. During the sky fell, he got separated from his family. Sheltering for years, he fought in the current present because he doesn't know what to do. He fights by picking off enemies from long range.
---
---
Agility (2/10): 5
---
Equipment: Bent Bow (1-3 Ranged Damage), Dagger (2-3 Physical Damage), Simple Shirt, Simple Pants, Simple Boots
---
Allies
Equipment: Rusty Broadsword (Two-Handed, 2-6 Physical Damage), Leather Breastplate (3 Defense)

You stop in your tracks to listen more carefully and ask Lucius, "Do you hear some rustlings from behind?"

"Huh? What are you talki--" Lucius stammers before he gets interrupted mid sentence as a Gray Wolf leaps at him from the bushes to the sides! Thankfully, you managed to react early and before the wolf pounces on him, you put an arrow into its side! (+2 Agility Exp)

The wolf falls to the ground on its side, but gets back up quickly. It snarls at you for a few seconds before it retreats into the bushes.

"I think we should hurry up a bit. That wolf might bring more wolves with it later and I don't want to stick around for that." Lucius says.

What do you do?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
---
Allies

"That's true. Let's walk quickly, but stealthily as possible to not attract." I say as i continue.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

And dayummm. That is one detailed background story! I like it. Gives me more stuff to work with. But that's definitely gonna fill up the pages. XD Anyways, give me a while and you'll get your first scenario.
It's one of my better characters, I'm glad you liked it, good to see people appreciate work.

Name: Ku-ot.
Appearance: Looks 23, he has a clean shaven face that's pale. He looks as if you could break him with one hand but his muscles are always taut and are as strong as Bronzewood (This wood is very difficult to work with, but it can be used by experts to create weapons as strong as metal, but as light as wood.) His pale body is a network of scars. Nobody has seen his face due to the hood he constantly wears along with his dark blue cloak. He has black hair and brown eyes underneath though. He's just about 6 foot and weighs about 11 stone.
Background: Forgotten by his real family in one of the major cities when he was still in short-pants he became a street urchin for three years. Begging for food and scraps and if he were lucky some coin. He made enemies during his stay in the city, another group of street urchins that he stole from when he was younger that gave him a some new scars, some of his first. He made some friends too, a doctor of sorts that worked out of an abandoned building and gave aid to the urchins in need. Through his time he developed a keen sense of others while he was here, able to move through a crowd as if he was just smoke, able to sense when there were people tailing him and of course he became very adept at pickpocketing, lockpicking and climbing. Climbing was key to his survival as he used the buildings to escape from guards and other urchins alike, he made the rooftops his kingdom, what he didn't know was that he was merely a peasant to the real Kings of the Roofs. Eventually when he was moving along the rooftops he saw something, now this is to be noted that he was in the more wealthy district of the city, where crime was at a minimum and nobody died from the more common deaths in the poorer district, aka, knife in the gut, knife in the eye, knife in the back, tripping off a roof, etc. He came here as the risk might have been great but the rewards were always greater. It was a little past ten and there were a crowed milling through the city, illuminated by torchlight. He was looking for a mark, an easy target, to plunder when he saw him, another figure on the roof opposite, when did he get there? and how did I not notice? ran through his mind. His first instinct was to run as had been drilled into him from the past few years, but this time was different, the person was different, he wasn't one of the urchin boys he knew that but who was he. An adult in dark clothing on a rooftop in the rich district, what's he up to? As this thought passed through his brain the figure leaped from his perch and landed on a gentlemen and then took off like a rocket down the allies and disappeared. It took a moment for him to notice the red stain forming around the nape of the gentleman's neck. That's when the screaming began, and that's when he ran. When he reach his little hideaway, a place where three roofs cam together giving great cover from the weather, he was confronted by the same figure from before. "You're faster then I thought." These were the first few words that Angellio spoke to me, they weren't the last. Over the coming years he was trained into The Guild and he saw the real Kings of the Roofs, assassins. He became a full member, under Angellio's patronage (The assassins guild is highly known and unknown for it's respectable and excellent training and hierarchy, some say that The Guild had a better social, economic and educationary system then most countries), faster then anyone else in The Guild ever had, besides The King that is. So he lived his live thieving and killing, that is until that day, now everything has changed, The guild was torn apart and scattered to the four winds, the King went missing, some say that he died on that day others refused to believe that. Seeing his second, and more caring, family be obliterated he swore to rebuild The Guild to it's former glory and find the King.
---
---
---
Equipment: Rusty Knife (1-2 Physical Damage), Rusty Knife (1-2 Physical Damage), Dark Blue Cloak, Simple Clothes, Simple Pants, Simple Boots
Inventory: Medicine

I run into a nearby alley and climb to the rooftops.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Name: Erak Mansplitter
Race: half-giant
Appearance: tall, even for a half giant,large build, brown eyes, dark black hair and beard
Background:
---
---
---
Equipment:
Inventory: Rusted Broadsword

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Ardonaue Bahcee

---
---
---
---
Allies

"That's true. Let's walk quickly, but stealthily as possible to not attract." you say as you continue along the path with Lucius. After about an hour or two of travel, everything is quiet and it appears that nothing has followed you. It should be another hour or so before you reach the meeting point, which is supposed to be a small clearing just before the exit to the forest. Just as you prepare to continue to trek, you feel Lucius' hand on your shoulder.

"I think we should rest for a while. You look exhausted." he says.

And indeed you are. Maybe you do need some rest?

(+1 Constitution exp for walking a long distance)

What do you do?

Ku-ot

Appearance: Looks 23, he has a clean shaven face that's pale. He looks as if you could break him with one hand but his muscles are always taut and are as strong as Bronzewood (This wood is very difficult to work with, but it can be used by experts to create weapons as strong as metal, but as light as wood.) His pale body is a network of scars. Nobody has seen his face due to the hood he constantly wears along with his dark blue cloak. He has black hair and brown eyes underneath though. He's just about 6 foot and weighs about 11 stone.
Background: Read at page 1.
---
---
Constitution (1/10): 5
Agility (1/10): 5
---
Equipment: Rusty Knife (1-2 Physical Damage), Rusty Knife (1-2 Physical Damage), Dark Blue Cloak, Simple Clothes, Simple Pants, Simple Boots

You run into a nearby alley in your attempt to lose the guards. Once you've gotten some distance, you scale the side of a building to try and get to the rooftops but just as you're about halfway you lose your footing and fall to the ground and thankfully, a pile of trash absorbs some of the impact. (-2 HP, +1 Agility Exp, +1 Constitution Exp)

(If you're curious why you failed, I rolled a D20 and you got a 4 which is frankly a poor roll. Then I rolled again for fall damage and you got a 10)

As you pat yourself off and rise from the pile of trash, you hear the guards nearby.

"Over here! The thief went into this alley!" one of them shouts.

You better think of something, and fast.

Erak Mansplitter

Name: Erak Mansplitter
Race: Half-Giant
Appearance: Tall, even for a half giant,large build, brown eyes, dark black hair and beard
Background:
---
---
---
Equipment: Rusted Broadsword (2-6 Physical Damage), Simple Clothes, Simple Pants, Simple Boots
Inventory:

Your name is Erak Mansplitter, a Half-Giant. You used to live a peaceful life before all of this madness, but when the sky fell down on Terrus, life as you knew it took a turn for the worst. Right now you're working as a mercenary. After all, what else can you do with your incredibly large stature?

Your job right now is to guard a merchant caravan as it travels to the city of Troyah. You're halfway there and it's been an uneventful trip so far and you hope it stays that way. There are also 3 other human mercenaries that have taken up the job.

What do you do?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
---
Allies

"Yeah, sure." I say.
"Where should we rest?" I ask.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Zhuck
Race: Halfdragon
Appearance: Medium build,Blood red lizardlike eyes,Silver scales,6'4,92 lbs,foot-long tail,Silver wings
Background:
---
---
---
Equipment: Rusty sword,Battered shield
Inventory:

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Background: Read at page 1.
---
---
Constitution (1/10): 5
Agility (1/10): 5
---

I sprint down the rest of the alley and look for a ladder or anything to allow me to reach the rooftops.

Showing 16-24 of 24