ForumsGamesDo You Have Recommended 3DS Games?

13 4301
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So about 2 weeks ago I bought a 3DS XL along with Smash Bros for 3DS. But as I played, I realized it wasn't enough for me. I needed more 3DS games as I only have Smash.

That's where this thread comes in. What are some 3DS games do you recommend?

• 13 Replies
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

TLOZ: A Link Between Worlds

Super Mario 3D Land

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate (4's coming out)

Lego City: Undercover

TLOZ: Ocarina Of Time 3D

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Sonic Boom is coming out soon too.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Any Pokemon game will be good,too. There's a bunch of stuff on the Eshop, so check all of those out.

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Kid Icarus: Uprising for sure. I got this game in Japanese and it rocked, and I imagine it still rocks in English.
I found Super Mario 3D Land a bit frustrating (the gameplay is a bit unforgiving). I would, however, suggest New Super Mario Bros. 2. I like that 2D stuff.
I never got Pokemon X/Y, but I expect they are worth it, seeing as they're Pokemon games.

SuperstarSilver
SuperstarSilver
66 posts
Nomad

Honestly, the 3DS is currently the best console for exclusives. It has wonders such as, but not limited to:

A Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokémon X/Y
Pokémon OR/AS (they both look amazing)
The Professor Layton games
and maybe even Kid Icarus: Uprising, behind its controls

Such a wide spread of amazing games. Too bad I only have a limited amount of money, otherwise I would've bought all of them by now.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

As the old saying goes, if it looks like Final Fantasy, sounds like Final Fantasy, and plays like Final Fantasy, it's probably Bravely Default. If you like RPGs, buy it. It's the only game I have for my 2DS, and I've racked up 58 hours of play in a few weeks. The plot is fairly standard (or is it...? o_O), but the characters are good and the gameplay is sublime. Plus there are 24 classes to unlock. I'm a sucker for that many unique bosses.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Bravely Second was announced, I bet it's even better than the first one.

Chaosemerald12
Chaosemerald12
36 posts
Nomad

Purchase the Pokemon X/Y games, and/or Pokemon Rumble Blast. Also, NSMB2 is out and so is SM3DL. By the way, are Pokemon OR/AS out?

SuperstarSilver
SuperstarSilver
66 posts
Nomad

OR/AS aren't out yet; if I remember correctly, they should be out by the end of November. I'm just hoping they'll live up to the hype. There's also a demo for it out at the minute, but I've tried to stay away from it in the hope of a spoiler-free game, even though it'll probably be pretty much the same as Ruby and Sapphire.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I hope they changed it so there are fewer Tentacool. They got really annoying. If they do, I might get Ω Ruby, since a traded Groudon became my favourite Pokémon in Diamond Version.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

OR/AS seem to pretty good. It seems it maybe more of an open world than past Pokemon games because of Latias' and Latios' ability things.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I played the demo for Fire Emblem: Awakening today. It's very good. I'm going to buy it.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

sonic boom sucks, don't get it

-dissapointed

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Monster Hunter 3. The only reason I bought a 3DS I loved the original so much on PSP and I felt like playing it again I have put a fair bit of time into it, although I haven't bothered in a while since I started to play CS:GO competitively.

Showing 1-13 of 13