ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Saving in Clicker Heroes doesn't work

18 8879
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

There was a thread on this before, and more than one person verified that it is a problem, but the thread was unanswered, locked, and oddly declared fixed for some reason when it hasn't been fixed.

Anyway, I think there are more substantial problems with saves in this game that aren't temporary or little glitches. I've tried starting this game at least half a dozen times. The online save doesn't work at all and the other save option doesn't do anything.

Though many people also have major save issues with cloudstone, which is from the same developer.

• 18 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Clicker Hero save issues often have to do with having multiple game windows open at the same time. I've tested the game many times myself. The issue is if you have two games open it's saving both games, making it look like it's not saving your current one.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Ferret

I've explicitly tested Clicker Heroes about 50 times to date. Each time I play the game for awhile, let it sit, and then close the window. Each time no other games were open. In all cases it doesn't save. Despite all these times, every time I open the game its as if it has never been played before.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Agreed with Unleashed, it sounds like add-on or blocker issues. Maybe try another browser?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I only have 4 very minor add-ons/extensions, but I did try disabling them and doing so has no effect on the problem. Different browsers don't help either - it doesn't even load in IE regardless of the browser version or computer OS (Windows XP or Windows 8). I always test problems like this in different browsers/OS's to make sure before I report them (just like I search for other people having the same issue before I report).

I even tried the fix for Cloudstone's save problems, which is to let the game sit for 20 minutes to make sure it saves (some report that 6 works for them), but that hasn't helped either.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Are any of those "Disconnect.Me" or "Disasteroids"? These are just two examples of add-ons that cause havoc on our site. Even if you disable them at times, they will often still act up.

Did you maybe leave a window open at work/school/phone/tablet that may be saving an old game on the sly? That was happening to me at work here.

You could try making a new account also, and seeing if the new account saves or has the same issue. I can assure you though, on our side things are functioning normally. If others were having this issue, they would be responding here because have LOTS of people playing Clicker Heroes. :/

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Odd, I was sure I responded to this.

I have no add-ons or extensions that are in any way similar to anything being asked about. I only have the most basic ones - Acrobat, Quicktime, Flash, etc.

And as I mentioned above, I disabled everything, reloaded, and it made no difference. I will try another account, I have not had the time.

The previous thread dedicated to this also had someone else complain about the problem (before it was prematurely locked). I have seen (recently) a score of other people make the same complaint. So a lot of people have complained about it, but since most people do it in the comments section, it just gets lost.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Ok, so ...

A new armorgames account doesn't help.
I have no add-ons or extensions that interfere with it in any way.
I don't leave any computers on after using them.
Dozens of people have complained about this problem.
This was a rampant problem with the previous game by the same publisher.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Any response yet?

I think the thread was accidentally marked as 'answered' even though it wasn't.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@Ferret has "tested" the game compulsively since its release.

For those having issues, can you try going here:
AGI Services

You should see a message like "Welcome, you have found the RESTful version of our AGI."

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Yes, that message is on that page. I might be missing something here... how does that help if you are having issues with the game?

I understand that not everyone has this problem, but the game working fine for some people doesn't eliminate or have bearing on a problem affecting others.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Does your computer, browser, or you delete cookies?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I've tried it out on multiple computers with both settings that save all cookies and settings that delete cookies.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

As an additional note, that AGI services link appears to not work (does not give the message) in Internet Explorer. This is Internet Explorer with zero add-ons, extensions, additions, or any changes to its functionality.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Millions of users have had successful plays of Clicker Heroes, I've confirmed again that it's working good for me. There has to be something unique to your system causing it. This could be firewalls, privacy software, parental regulation software, company scanning software or any other 100's of software that somehow prevent it from saving.

I would suggest trying Chrome/FireFox and see if they work, if they do not - I'm not sure how we can easily help you. Sorry. :-(

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

So my basic reply is that it is literally impossible that it is my machine causing the problem. Besides the 3 dozen or so people I have noted reporting the problem, please note the steps I took below.

I literally wiped an entire computer clean of everything and only installed a browser. There are no firewalls, and the computers I tested it on are on very simple networks with no extra network protections. I literally have zero add-ons or extensions on the browser. I tested it using all 3 browsers and 2 different windows OS's and the problem was the same on every one.

So I can say unequivocally that it is impossible for it to be my machine. An empty machine designed with no software designed to only play the game could not play it. I repeated this on different machines with different OS's.

I am also very confused as to why you are suggesting Firefox and Chrome since those are the only browsers I typically use and those are the browsers that have the problem.

I've asked numerous questions and replied to numerous queries above which also haven't been answered, can you please address those?

Showing 1-15 of 18