ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Disqus Notifications

14 2549
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I can no longer see my notifications from my phone. I can see the circle be red, but when I click on it I am brought to the Disqus sign in page instead of the notifications page. I feel like this problem is occurring because of the change that was made to notifications, it being now brought up in a side bar. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there something I can do to see notifications from my phone?

• 14 Replies
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

And I can't send a single thing through it. I've tied near 10 times, once it worked, but doubled the reply. What's happening?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@daleks @Frank_Frooton It looks like they changed the way those comments work again, hmm... Frank if you have a blocker please disable. Maybe they are ironing out the kinks.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

When I click on a notfication, the whole page crahes (using seamonkey/firefox). I can't even scroll on the webpage...

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Turns out it actually did go through and I spammed other people's comment pages... and it didn't show up on mine. May just take a break from Disqus notifications for a few decades. Apologies to all that I spammed.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

OK, it works when I allow pop-ups... I certainly won't do that.
Guess, that won't disappear. Don't know if it's disquss or armor - but someone had a great idea and broke the system.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@bilboCGL Just allow pop-ups on this website, you'd be safe to do that.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

On my favorite browser, pop-up-blocking is not site-specific... I don't speak 'bout adblocker!
And, even if I like commenting, that's - IMHO - not worth it, sorry.
Maybe I'll try to fix it for me with site-specific user-css :-/

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@bilboCGL Disqus also frequently fixes these issues as we go along, so that may happen as well.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

That would be great - We will see.
by&hand

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Still doesn't answer why it does not work on my phone. I have popups not blocked.

paul_lecomte_1
paul_lecomte_1
1 posts
Peasant

hello

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@daleks What browser are you using on your phone? I'm wondering if it's a glitch on their end with a particular browser.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The standard Android browser. I feel as though it is on their end but my guess is my phone is a bit too old and they might have just done something that my phone cannot support. In a month I am getting a new phone and maybe it will work then. I could also check to see if it works on the Chrome browser on my phone.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@daleks If you could, it would be interesting to see what the difference may be.

Showing 1-14 of 14