ForumsProgramming ForumNew Programmer

128 44315
Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

I am Tookman, a high school student that doesn't have much experience coding games, but I have experience with just general coding, can someone give me the coding to a simple game so that I can study it to understand more about game coding?

• 128 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

so... it is working?

what is flash's version of python's print?

I don't know anything about python... I suspect the answer to your question is

Honestly I feel like I am repeating the same answers over and over again... Unless if your question is a real one, I might not respond anymore.... Sorry about that.

trace();
Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

I've never asked about that before and it didn't appear to work last time I tried.

Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

because I spent hours writing out 'game over' in rectangles last night.

Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

I am not very advanced in programming yet, all my questions so far have been legit besides maybe if Poor Bob is a good name for it, they all helped me.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Thing is trace() in flashdveop only works in debug mode i think. Also if you wish to print something not in the console you will want to use a TextField.

The best way to look up something is learning how documentation works for a programming language. :d

Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

Now how do I set up barriers so that they can't go off the screen?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You literally have to check if 2 objects take up the same space....

if you dont want something to go off screen you just set up the x and y coords :P

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

As hermit said you just need to check the x and y coordinates in the enterFrame loop. For example:

if (object.x > stage.stageWidth)
object.x = stage.stageWidth;

Maybe you will need to add the object width to the equation depending on the pivot of the image.

Showing 121-128 of 128