ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74143
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Class Battlemage
Race: Phoenix
Bio: Nivlac just got reborn about 100 years ago so he doesn't have much memory. He doesn't know his parents or a guardian. Because he is a phoenix he uses Pyromancy and Aeromancy
Appearance: Nivlac has no major differences to other phoenixes he is about 8 feet tall and has a wingspan of 14 feet.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Arcana, Nivlac. A phoenix is a interesting choice, glad to have you on board. If you have any questions, please ask

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

What are my surroundings and such?

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

You have recently awoken to the sounds of fighting, your scantuary is under attack. You lie in one of the innermost chambers, the nest for the sanctuary's phoenixes however there is only one other phoenix. The phoenix's name is Feris and he had underwent rebirth only a few months ago. A earthquake of some kind shakes the hole complex which wakes your fellow phoenix . There are only two ways out, through the heavy door made of reinforced steel or through a hold just abovd it made exactly for a phoenix

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Nivlac flys up to the hold

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Sorry, meant hole) the hole opens up into the corridor past the iron door, a single human you recongize as a sanctuary guard sits against the gray, stone wall severely wounded. Debris and other bodies litter the floor, it is hard to tell who was the victor. Feris soon follows Nivlac, unsure of what is going on. Again another quake shakes the building, carving cracks on the ceiling and walls, the builidng is in danger of collasping completely.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Nivlac trys to force himself to cry as phoenix tears have healing properties.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guard turns his head as you approach, a faint smile emerging on his face. Tears fall from your eyes onto his wounds which almost instantly recover, the bleeding stopped and the flesh sealed itself. He still did not have much of his strength but he slowly stood up. His cracked helmet was completely missing its bottom and his armor was dented and was caved in in several places where something had penetrated his armor "Nivlac I believe? I guess I owe you my life." He weakly says before the sound of small rock falling from thd ceiling changed his attention "We need to get you out of here, there's no one left." He picks up a simple longsword from a corpse and heads down a another corridor. Blood drips down the wall met with more of the dead

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

nivlac lowers his back and tells the guard to get on his back he than tell Feris to follow him and he takes off and looks for the nearest human village that doesn't not like the phoenixes.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guard with a distinct limp gladly accepted the ride, and as the three made their way outside there came a low growl that echoed through all the halls. It faded as you came out of the building, whatever it was had decided not too pursue. Scorched earth had cleared an are around the sanctuary and luckily semed to burn out. Taking to the skies and using your excellent vision, you spot a village close by but far enough to take refuge. Whoever the attackers were, the failed to acknowledge the kingdom held belief that Phoenixs were sacred. The buidling crumbled as you took off, the fate of the beast inside unknown.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Name: Delroth
Class: Assassin
Race: Ghost
Bio: An Evil ghost who attacks the life force of beings directly and can temporarily go into and steal the body's of those he kills.
Appearance: A ghost wearing what appears to be assassin armor, can change appearance at will.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Nivlac continues to fly towards the village and than reports the activity to the guards of the village.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Welcome Delroth) You stand over your lastest kill, a luckless human adventurer with not much more than leather armor and a short iron sword. As you stand there, sounds of a coming caravan travelling on the nearby road can be plainly heard. This poor sap must have been a scout.

Nivlac: The guards show initial disbelief and some horror "I..I will take your word." the guard sergeant says "Thank you for reporting this, I must...get back to the captain. He needs to hear this. Chari, will you please show these three around." he says, shock present in his tone. A human female approaches dressed in heavy plate armor wielding a double edged halberd, a hood masking much of her features "I have better uses of my time sergeant but if you insist." Her voiced carried with it a tone of pride as she looked at the three "What a ragged mess you are.." she speaks to the guard who Nivlac carried with him "Well, where can I take you?"

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Name: Delroth
Class: Assassin
Race: Ghost
Bio: An Evil ghost who attacks the life force of beings directly and can temporarily go into and steal the body's of those he kills.
Appearance: A ghost wearing what appears to be assassin armor, can change appearance at will.
Temporarily: Adventurer scout(leather armor, Iron short-sword)

I go into his body and stand up and go to greet the caravan

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

You enter the young adventurer's body, and since you attacked his lifeforce rather than a physical strike, there is no signs of a struggle except for some slight discoloration. You move to greet the caravan which consist of a wagon pulled by two horses, four armed guards dressed in thicker leather armor and actual longsword, with a merchant dressed in brown robe and fine garments, rings of different quality decorating his fingers "Ah, I trust the road ahead is clear then Tobias?" he asks with a stern voice

Showing 1-15 of 333