ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74145
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I would've replied earlier but I'm not sure what to do tbh, I'm sorry

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Well it can be mostly anything you want. You could ask the boy whats wrong or lead him to a town. Its a rp so the choice is yours and its usually very hard to di in these unless you want to that is)

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I open the envelope.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I nod and follow the trail.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Ok I will deal with them." I say as I open the chest and take the ring. "So if you will tell where the fort lies and I will go"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"No it won't. You should get some rest, eat and sleep whenever you get the chance. Many days you may not get the chance to do either." I say looking to her, "Those men follow the law with me, you must do the same if you are to come with me."

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I ask the boy what's wrong, and try to comfort him

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Stratos: You open the letter and written within is a document acknowledging your contract. It gives the location which is named "The Regal Ruins" in the description and it seems to be a expansive crypt. A group of clerics were supposed to be guarding the remains but have since gone missing. All investigations done by the government reported nothing amiss but evidence has shown undead activity in the crypt. As you read, a masked figure harshly shoulder-checks you and grabs the documents and takes off.

Danwar: Trayce smiles as he follows what seem are first meaningless clues as Alissa bombards you with questions "Are you cold-blooded?Can you smell the air with your tongue? Where do you come from? What do you like to eat? Have you ever ate a person?" she asks in succession before Trayce laughs mildly "Alissa, give the man peace. We're here to hunt down a dangerous necromancer, not to play 50 questions." he says. Alissa's bombardment of questions cease as she appears bummed, a small frown on her face

Razor: Valtair nods, his head turning towards the horizon "At the very edges of our eastern borders, not far from where you entered our territory. The fortress was built in the last war against the empire of Arcana. Be careful, dragon-slaying weapons still reside deep within the vaults of the fortress and is most likely the bandits' goal." he forewarns.

Jack: She sighs "I am accustomed to many nights without sleep." she nods back at you, her eyes but not her head looking towards you "As a paladin, It is my duty to enforce the laws of the Gods and to carve away the evil in this world so you have my word."

Pegasus: He face fills with shock "Y-you can speak?" he says at first before answering you, his tears once again filling his face "They...they are alll..dead. My..my..." he manages out before crying again. he wipes his tears away "My family's convoy was hit by raiders..never seen anything like it before...I was so scared.." he mumbles out the words before his arms wrap around your neck in a hug

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

"Meh,"I say,"We could just chat to pass the time.Don't bombard me with questions,though."I say."As for the first question,i am not completely cold-blooded.You have seen that i can cast fire spells,so the fire that runs in my veins makes my blood quite warm."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Good." I say nodding to myself. "Go get some rest, I will watch the walls tonight."

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I forgot about this mayas week continue. Since its been awhile I will post the last thing you've said.

You see Feris inside of the cage, bound and locked. As you attack, the armored men see you coming. A wall of earth rises blocking the worst of the flames, one mage springs from the cover and hurls boulders towards you. Its a five to one fight.

Nivlac flys up attempting to evade the boulder. Nivlac than sends a slash of wind at them using the amulet nivlac got at the magic shop. (or maybe a ring can't remember)

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I chase over the masked figure.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Hmmmm....... that could be a problem. But then again I can change into a human. Either way I'll deal with them. I'll be back in a bit. I put the ring on and leave heading to an open area where I can try turning back into my dragon body.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

"I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you, luckily you're safe now"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Danwar: Alissa's eyes light up slightly "That is really neat." she says with a intrigued look causing yet another chuckle from Trayce "Always so curious.." . Alissa sticks her tongue out at him and turns her head away from him. Up ahead you can a see a corpse that looks like it has been picked clean and has been laying there for months. Trayce steps over to it, kneeling down to examine what remains "We are on the right path. While it appears he has been dead awhile, in truth it has only been a day give or take. This.." he says standing up again "..is the work of our dear nercromancer. It should be a simple matter to follow the energy trail." he states.

Jack: She sighs but with a smile present on her face "You're giving me the first amount of free time I've had in awhile. Thanks." she stand back up straight "I am going to bathe first, it's been a rough week." she states before moving to exit off the walls.

Nivlac: The air slash cuts right through the stone wall and part of the cage, just large enough for Feris to squeeze out yet he is still immobilized. You cannot see the other four behind the wall and the one who fired the boulder escaped with only a cut on his arm but you still see blood. Its then the other four mages break through the ground's surface, launching themselves towards you with pillars of rock. (I believe the ring was wind and the amulet fire.

Stratos: The chase takes you through most of the town but with your superior agility you manage to tackle him just as he tried to round a corner and knocked the wind out of him.

Razor: "I wish you the best of luck young one." Valtair says before you set off. Luckily for you the majority of the kingdom is open land except for a few farms. You land in a open field without drawing any attention to you however laying on a large slab of rock is a young female dragon who is fast asleep. Her hide is mostly white except with a light purple providing shading on her scales.

Pegasus: He nods his head which is dug into the side of your neck but he lets go after just a bit "If you hadn't come along..." he starts, looking down before looking into your eyes "M-my name is Virion." he says, he voice still shaky

Showing 271-285 of 333