ForumsGamesGemcraft CS field Y6

11 2614
bunnyx2014
bunnyx2014
17 posts
Shepherd

If someone has already covered this, I'm sorry but I have spent ages searching for a solution to field y6 and none of them have worked for me. Can anyone help?

• 11 Replies
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Need more input: What is your WL, MP or not, available gems, skillpoint-spending (and starting mana), talisman and used strategies....

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

what he said, without it we can only give general advice that's probably not very helpful to you.

an easy way to give us most of this info would be screenshots of your skills screen, and talisman screen (while mousing over the sum icon), and just type the rest.

bunnyx2014
bunnyx2014
17 posts
Shepherd

I can't make the screen print work so I might have to leave out the talisman but I am level 255 (I am aware that I should be able to complete it at this level) and I have 2074 skill points in total, do you need any other info?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Yepp: MP or not, available gems, skillpoint-spending (and starting mana), and used strategies.
Talisman damage to reavers/giants/swarmlings would be enough.
For skillspending, use a notification like this
12 09 06 06 06
12 09 06 06 06
12 09 06 06 06 THAT IS NO RECOMMENDED SKILL SET
12 09 06 06 06
12 09 06 06 06

bunnyx2014
bunnyx2014
17 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean by MP? I have all gems available.
Skills:
True colours 12
Masonry 15
Fusion 18
Mana Stream 15
Resonance 12
Bolt 9
Mana leech 3
Poolbound 9
Freeze 30
Beam 9
Chain hit 9
Curse 9
Barrage 9
Bloodbound 9
Slow 3
Armour tearing 9
Wake of eternity 9
Amplifiers 6
Ignition 6
Fury 6
Demolition 6
Traps 6

Talisman:
57 swarmlings
49 reavers
62 giants

Starting mana is 3640 and my main strategy is a gem of equal parts red, white, purple and black surrounded by amps of 2 of each component, 4 grades lower but I have tried similar things with just red and poolbound with amour in traps. If there is still more you need, just say.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

MP is Magicans Pouch As I see, you have it,.
Before I replay the game for you, let me give you some tipps on skillspending, used gems and strategy:
You have some points spent on skills you do not need: Ignition, Fury, Demolition do not help to win any map. Slow and Armor skills are not important - You should consider using white OR black gems, unless your gems don't exeed grade 30, 35 use poolbound and unspent your bloodbound-skillpoints. Freeze 30 is nice to have, but in your setting it is much too epensive, I guess 6 or 9 should be enough. Curse is pretty useless, unspent. For the gem enhancement spells (bolt, beam, barrage) 3 should be enough. I miss critical hit skill points, you ceratinly have used some - if not: this gem is one of the keys to win, use at least 15 or 18 skillpoints!
You should use a mana-trap and a killgem
For mana, use i.e. white:redrange 43 (or 87), for killgem use whiteyellow with the same ratio.
Put the managem in a trap, right behind the upper entry so all monsters have to pass it, use 2 or 3 amps (pure orange).
Look if a killtrap is powerful enough, else use a tower with either 5 amps in the middle or 7 amps right below the orb. Use pure yellow in kill-amps.
Enrage early and enrage as often as you can.
When you do not manage to do the map, you can get more help!

Some more thoughts:
In amps, bound specials do NOT get amplyfied, you want more crit! (and more mana) so use only crit and managems in amps

Three color gems ar superior to four (or more) color gems,

You do not need armor gems, if your kill gem is strong enough, use mana on killgem (and on manafarm)

Use orblets trait, that makes things much easier!

Good luck and kick the forgotten!

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

MP means Magician's Pouch. If you have it, then you have access to several skills (including Red, White, and Black gem skills) that you would not have if you had not spent the 5 bucks.

I'd suggest taking all points out of Beam, Curse, Barrage, Slow, Armor Tearing, Ignition, and Demolition. Also, pick one : Bloodbound or Poolbound, and put the other's points into the one you selected. You don't need both, but at this point I'd suggest just using Poolbound (since it is much stronger at lower gem grades than Bloodbound is). Save some of those points for initial mana, but also put some of those skill points into critical hit and amplifiers (and traps, if you use those).

For your killing gem, use 1 grade 1 red, 5 grade 1 yellow, and 10 grade 1 white gems. Just combine them all together for a grade 4 gem. Use U to upgrade the thing, and use pure yellow gems in the amps. If that costs too much mana, then use 1 red, 2 yellow, and 5 whites. Try to keep the amps somewhat close in grade to the killing gem.

If you are attempting to set up a mana farm, use the same gem construction and amp construction, but use orange instead of yellow.

There are a couple things to note here. One is that you never want to use both white and black in a gem. They do not affect each other, only the rest of the specials and damage, and they are effectively added together to find the total power of the gem. At lower grades, any black you put into the gem would have been stronger as white. At higher grades (30+) any white you put into the gem would have been stronger as black.

Another thing to note here is that poolbound special, and bloodbound special, are not boosted by amplifiers. So, any use of white or black in an amplifier gem only reduces the total amount of power the amplifier provides to the tower/trap gem, compared to a similarly constructed gem without that black/white.

The last thing to note is gem usefulness. Combined with a grade 1 red and a grade 2 white, a grade 1 blue is going to be enough to significantly slow down monsters passing over that trap, just from the poolbound. Monster armor subtracts from the total damage done, per hit - after the damage has been multiplied by the critical damage multiplier, making yellow an incredibly strong damaging color, especially when boosted by black's or white's special. A critical hit gem, especially when you have the thing strong enough that you are at 80% chance of a critical hit, is going to be leaps and bounds more powerful than an armor tearing gem, and will be able to do damage to high armor monsters both must more easily and much sooner. The Bolt spell, when applied to a trap gem, makes that gem ignore monster armor in any case - whether the monster has 1 point of armor or so much armor that it is displayed in scientific notation.

bunnyx2014
bunnyx2014
17 posts
Shepherd

Thanks so much, it worked perfectly now. Will the same sort of tactic work for any level?

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Yes, the game's biggest problem. Yellow to kill things, orange to get mana to get more yellow, red + black or white to enhance those. Blue to be sure those gems have time to hit, although that's not really needed.

Some maps are harder because you can't funnel everything to one place, but it's always the same strategy.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The game's biggest problem : several gem colors are so weak as to be useless in the grand scheme of things. Poison, Armor Tearing, and Suppression are all gems types that though you may be forced to use due to limited gem selection in any given stage, are generally considered worthless once you have the more useful gem types available on stages.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

Even if we gave those gem types true firing speed in the form of a scalar (TrueSpeed/60)*GemSpecial, they would still be rendered unusable in the later waves of an endurance, unless they fire much, much faster.

Showing 1-11 of 11