ForumsGamesGC2CS: Thoughts on Gem Tiers

0 1350
LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

It's absolutely obvious that in this game, not all gems have been created equal, and while that's simply enough for some people, it's not for me. Feeling the need to quantify things and decide for myself just where each gem falls in comparison to others, I have put together a list numbering each gem from best to worst. Feel free to offer your own input into this, or if you think I have a gem in the wrong place. Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of how useful a gem is to higher level wizards (i'm currently 911) and gems are thus ranked accordingly. Without further ado, the list:

1) Mana Gathering (orange)
the only gem-type that not only pays for itself, but vastly returns on the investment. it's low damage is a small price to pay for what is hands-down the most important special in the game. without this gem, endurance runs would not be possible.

2) Critical Hit (yellow)
the best gem when it comes to damage, the multiplier easily reaches ridiculous levels and is the gem that makes it possible to kill the insanely overpowered monsters found in endurance.

3) Bloodbound (black)
a necessity for dual and triple gems. it not only offsets the specials penalty, but surpasses it at higher hit levels. also boasts a high overall damage. also a necessity for endurance.

4) Chain Hit (red)
reaches super high levels with only a small fraction of a gem's total make-up. has high damage, is good for killing, and also indirectly good at multiplying the effectiveness of orange, blue, purple, green, and cyan gems.

5) Slowing (blue)
just like red, it can reach full power with only a tiny fraction of gem make-up. effectively gives 10x as much time to damage monsters or use specials on them.

6) Poolbound (white)
good for all the same reasons as bloudbound, but not quite as powerful as bloudbound at high (30-40+) grades, though out-powers it at lower grades, and can be useful for powering up starter gems to be thrown away later. also very useful for non-endurance runs.

7) Armor Tearing (purple)
has fairly low damage, but that's offset by the fact that it lowers monster's armor and does more damage in the long-run. can be useful for killing shadows and giants when at low (under 200) wizard levels. becomes essentially useless at higher levels where mana can simply be invested in critical gems that will out-damage the monsters rather than tearing away their armor.

8) Poison (green)
much too slow and deals much too little damage to be of use most anywhere. mana is better invested in critical which will do much more damage at a much faster rate.

9) Supressing (cyan)
essentially useless. doesn't reduce healing fast enough at higher levels to make a difference. even if healing is reduced to 0, the monsters still have to be killed proper, and that is best done with a critical gem, a gem which can already easily out-race healing. also useless at low levels since monsters healing will not be something to worry about and any gem-type can out-race it. absolutely useless.

apologies if I said bad things about your favorite gem, sorry.

• 0 Replies
Showing 1-0 of 0