ForumsGamesGC:CS Lowest winning level

19 5789
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Hi,
in fear of the update I decided to replay once again w/o MP, my goal was low-levelling. Last time I did it, I finished by WL 67, this time by WL 61. Who can do lower?

http://s29.postimg.org/pj53b4i3r/Won_nomp_WL61.jpg

btw: I consider X3@WL59 being the hardest map during this run!

• 19 Replies
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

What's your total xp? Also can you estimate how long it took (since at low level any map that gets up to 1mill hp isn't trivial)?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Total xp is 1,076,442, 90 fields explored and I guess, it took something between 10 and 15 hours including logging, what fields reveals wich hextiles/mapstones/skills - after 50 or 60 maps, I realized that these informations are already in the list of fields page in the wiki...
I never used any trait, did not replay any map and was restrained at enraging... But the path I took could certainly be shortened by five or ten maps!

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Alright, can't finish hex Q without going to G and P...level 35 now, hope that trip to grab mana skill didn't do me in

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Nah - pretty sure it won't bring you down - I've collected most of the skills during the journey. When you reach t-hextile, the stuff gets harder and as I said, X3 is IMHO realy hard at low level. X4 on the other hand is a piece of cake due to the spiritforge-gems and X5 is more than pretty easy.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Had to start resorting to some slow traps there and even playing slower than highest speed

That's O5, R1 (crit, why not), P1 and P3. Can be tricky, giants start getting up to mid10^6 at the end. Pure mana in front, beam beam beam (lowest hp target). A couple squares behind that is a random triple, without skill go to crit at grade 8, with maybe 6 or 7. Red + black does ok, at least better than pure red. Sometimes wall up a longer path, mostly not, and can get through lots of maps without throwing a spell other than a few beams.

Q6 is pretty bad a lot of the time, stupid randomness, I'll take that on later. Level 44 now.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Here's a suggestion for a challenge-

Highest XP at the Lowest Possible Level.

Levels over say, 35 are disqualified, and the Score is determined by the formula - Score = XP / Level.

Example - 2,400 xp at level 4 would result in a Score of 600.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

T1-4, level 47. Got one of them on the first try at least

Q6 was disappointing. No flyers/spires at all, too easy. Feels like forever that I saw a talisman part too, it's enough to start with 2 grade 4 gems which will hurt later (although sometimes starting with a grade 5 mana is the only way to get a foothold).

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

So you have seven maps to go... When you manage these levels without any unrelated xp-gain, you'll win this first match! IIRC, I was in the middle of the 50s when I entered the T-hextile...
I just can't wait to hear your opinion concerning X3

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Ouch 200 starting hitpoints. Can get most of the way through, but didn't make a dent in the wizard locks doing so.

Radiance might help (level 6 or 9 skill does what), but I remember that being a tough tome chamber to open even at higher level. Haven't tried that yet, maybe during the weekend.

nullnaught
nullnaught
87 posts
Nomad

May i quickly jump in here and just ask what is a flash game? i am sorry for this.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

A game using Adobe Flash...

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Gave in and got radiance. Handled the monsters on T6, but 7200 hits on the locks...only got 7/8 through that. So that's doable.

I really hate X1, not much you can do pathing-wise, not looking forward to that. I'll find out what X3 is when I get to it

Also, I don't anger. Almost every map is orange tower in front set to lowest hp. Combo of biggest damagers and later pure yellow to kill (grade 10 with 3 or 4 amps does up to 2 mill hp without a lot of spell help). Grade 4 slow traps as affordable. Armor as always is laughable except for first waves, 100 to start is pain. Occasional cursed monster with lots of regen can be a bit of a problem, usually not, but I think it gets worse on X. I'll cry if I feel the need to go back for suppress gems

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/AkZzA4S.jpg
Probably the easiest in X outside X5 of course. 1, 2 and 4 all have their headaches. Granted X4 it was my doing, x9 speed and a spectre ran off with my grade 8 crit gem, I needed that. Won anyway.

Level 53, 696270xp.
http://i.imgur.com/6uxW19K.jpg

Found T rougher than X, harder to get your feet under you with lower skills (i.e. mana gain and whatnot). Well more likely to lose on wave 60 on T as opposed to wave 2 or 3 on X and you just try again. Depends on what skills you can get away with having and other stuff too. Talisman totaled 650 starting mana, big help there. It might do other things, who cares

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Great Job - Well done! Funny, how different we see the x-maps
I found them all easy but x3... And you are right, t is hard an it is much more annoying to loose later than early!

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Hard to get started on X3 with such low mana. I had 8 or 9 colors and shameful to admit that radiance was needed too. Some walls, a grade 4 yellow, call the first 3 waves and hope the spells are enough to keep you from getting overrun and establish a mana gem and mining operation. After that you grow fine.

X1 and especially X2 are much uglier path-wise, even after you destroy the monster nest by the tomb on X2.

I didn't anger, but destroying fewer flyers and beacons can easily get a level 52 finish (no difference in what you can do). I can look for extraneous maps, mana is 5k xp or so, but it's just 5k and I wouldn't want to take on T and X without a grade 6 mana gem kicking out 3 mana per hit alone in a tower.

Showing 1-15 of 19