ForumsGamesShould I buy a remake of a game I already have?

15 3059
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So recently Nintendo has announced Majora's Mask for 3DS, and while I've been hyped for the game for years, I already have it for GameCube(for those that are confused, I have the Zelda collector's edition for GameCube). So should I buy the 3DS version?

• 15 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Eh. Games like that are never as good as the origionals, just look at luigi's mansion. The only remakes I trust are pokemon. However, it's entirely up to you. It will probably be an ok/good game, just not as good as you would want it to be.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

just look at luigi's mansion

You mean the sequel to the GameCube one?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, the modern one. Its not as good as the GameCube one. Its an alright game, but not as good.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

legend of zelda majoras mask is pretty good, so i can imagine having it on 3DS wouldnt hurt anything

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Majora's Mask was hands down one of the best LoZ games. I suppose I could get into a 3d remake of the game. But personally, my decision to buy a remake hinges on the improvements they make. Graphics and gameplay are things that would motivate me to buy a remake. But I just don't see these improvement happening - at least not to the extent needed to buy the remake.

Honestly, Nintendo has been a huge disappointment after the N64.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

well there were some good gamecube and wii games like super mario galaxy, metroid prime, and luigis mansion after the n64. I know what yu mean though, almost every game is a remake now and hyrule warriors was nothing like other legend of zeldas

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

No. If you want to replay it, replay it how it was intended to be.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

but if we followed that logic we wouldnt have pokemon firered, there are other exceptions i cant name. but the way they intended it to be played is always better than what was actually released, which is why people release remakes with better graphics or some new content. in majoras mask 3ds case though its just graphics and the fact that its on 3ds, its worth buying when price is down to about 30

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The graphics aren't much upgraded from the original.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So apparently there actually going to be some changes to Majora's Mask for 3DS. For one, there will be fishing which the original never had fishing(yay). There will also be a tweaked boss fight to be made easier for people. I really hope it's Gyorg, the fish boss from the water temple. I didn't like him.

So most likely I'll buy the game.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

It's not really about graphics, it's mainly about content. if you get one with better graphics, then you would still be playing the same thing. right? NO. R2D21999 is going to buy an remake of an game that is pretty much plain easier. and slightly better graphics. and it's more expensive. seriously?

a tweaked boss fight to be made easier for people. I really hope it's Gyorg, the fish boss from the water temple. I didn't like him.

also I thought Gyorg was easy.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

pretty much plain easier

They said it's still going to have the same difficulty, but it will have hints for those having trouble. Besides, I've played the game. Why should I care if it's easier as long as I'm having fun?

slightly better graphics.

Oh yes, because nothing says smooth graphics than N64 polygons. Also, since when were better graphics a bad thing?

and it's more expensive.

It's only $40. That's not a lot. Besides it's in the same price range as the N64's version if not less.

Why are you so concerned about my choice in buying it?

also I thought Gyorg was easy.

I never said Gyorg was hard, I just said I didn't like him. Gyorg was really annoying.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

"Ah yes, Gyorg, Gee-org? Gye-o-rg?

Lets just call him George."

ScrewAttack's (I think) Top 10 worst Zelda bosses.

~~~Darth Caedus

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i suggest you do buy it, i liked ocarina of time more than majoras mask but im sure an upscaled remake of majoras mask will be alot of fun

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Depends if you are happy with playing it on an old console or emulator.

I personally like having all my games on pc so I if I can I will get them on pc, for instance resident evil 4 I played on ps2 but couldn't resist buying it the other week when it was only around £8.

Showing 1-15 of 15