16,583 posts
Duke

You guys have to watch this to understand. I just got mind blown

• 24 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Lol, you just stated an argument to your own statement. The Illuminati has more evidence, which is why it isn't like bigfoot at all. Historically Illuminati started as a group which pursued knowledge, some people even speculate that it started with the Knights Templar which was around 1100's. Though apparently founded as Bavarian Illuminati on 1776, May 10. Basically it was to "enlighten" people.

The historical illuminati were founded in 1776, but outlawed and dissolved in 1785-87. So while it did exist, it doesn't anymore. Actual conspiracy theories have no evidence to present, hence the comparison to Bigfoot made by terminator.

The Illuminati eventually branched out into different groups, like how Christianity branched out to other forms of practices (Catholicism, Born-Again), but the original is apparently the Bavarian Illuminati.

Some independent groups apparently claimed to have links to the original society, but as far as I know there is no evidence to that and those groups most likely use this argument to attract members, as they never made a secret of their claims; on the contrary. They also never had much power or influence.

Also another fact: NSA site could be accessed by typing illuminati backwards and adding .com. this was removed pretty recently when that idea got popular. Now if you google it, NSA still pops up first.

I seriously doubt that, and I'll bet you have no actual evidence for that claim. Concerning the googling, suffice to say that if all conspiracy theorists google the words 'Illuminati' and 'NSA' together often enough (in search of a link, not as a conscious move), you'll get these results. Although in my case, the only links that popped up were links to youtube videos like the one you posted, and many dubious sites trying to shout out their "revelations" louder than the others.

The aim of the original Illuminati was to:
">Abolish all government
->Abolish private property or private ownership
->Abolish all forms of nationalism
->Abolish all religion
->Abolish the institution of marriage
->Institute a system where the community educates the children"

Humbug. They were free-thinkers who wanted to spread enlightenment and oppose prejudice, superstition and abuse of political power. Your other claims sound more like anti-communistic propaganda than anything else.

The alignment of recent events and their goals seem to be pretty clear. And not just speaking of celebrities.

I honestly fail to see in what way? You might have to actually explain this one.

Thank you for reading it. Now if you have a valid argument and not some senseless comment because the person above you did the same thing, then please go ahead.

You're welcome. I hope I didn't do too bad of a job of addressing your points critically.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Actually I'm grateful you didn't say you would laugh at it.

Humbug. They were free-thinkers who wanted to spread enlightenment and oppose prejudice, superstition and abuse of political power. Your other claims sound more like anti-communistic propaganda than anything else.

You can say that, but even I admit, I did not specify which organization. Like I said, there were many groups that branched off.

The historical illuminati were founded in 1776, but outlawed and dissolved in 1785-87. So while it did exist, it doesn't anymore. Actual conspiracy theories have no evidence to present, hence the comparison to Bigfoot made by terminator.

Dissolve does not mean completely erased from existence. Yes I agree with you at dissolve, but no evidence can prove that they are not in existence today. Bigfoot on the other hand was a myth, and has no proof of existence, while the Illuminati did have proof, making his statement still invalid.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

You're welcome. I hope I didn't do too bad of a job of addressing your points critically.

Actually you did a great job, I was just angered by the comments of the other users, I did not mean to turn this into a debate.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You can say that, but even I admit, I did not specify which organization. Like I said, there were many groups that branched off.

You did specify, you said "the original illuminati", which you said yourself was likely the Bavarian one.

Dissolve does not mean completely erased from existence. Yes I agree with you at dissolve, but no evidence can prove that they are not in existence today. Bigfoot on the other hand was a myth, and has no proof of existence, while the Illuminati did have proof, making his statement still invalid.

You discard the existence of the Bigfoot based on lack of evidence for it, but you infer the existence of the modern-day Illuminati from the lack of evidence against it. You're using different approaches, making your statement questionable. Also, the existence of a small society in the 18th century is not evidence for the existence of a modern-day, blown-out-of-proportions puppet master society.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

You discard the existence of the Bigfoot based on lack of evidence for it, but you infer the existence of the modern-day Illuminati from the lack of evidence against it. You're using different approaches, making your statement questionable. Also, the existence of a small society in the 18th century is not evidence for the existence of a modern-day, blown-out-of-proportions puppet master society.

No but it was just my argument with bigfoot and The illuminati being as real as each other.

Second, the most famous symbol of the illuminati being the all seeing eye is shown in many things. Despite the knowledge of its believed meaning, it still i being printed on the dollar, and shown in many commercials.

such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fMcYKWZqI
http://illuminatisymbols.info/

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@HahiHa I just want to say, I peacefully accept your arguments. And if you don't mind I wish to stop debating about it. I just wanted to make a point that Illuminati could be real. Instead of being laughed at through spam and bandwagon comments.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@HahiHa I just want to say, I peacefully accept your arguments. And if you don't mind I wish to stop debating about it. I just wanted to make a point that Illuminati could be real. Instead of being laughed at through spam and bandwagon comments.

Sure, if you want to leave it at this. I'll just allow myself a last reply to your comment, and a last link (actually two, hope I'm not strechting your patience ).

The thing is, the symbol of the original Bavarian society of the Illuminati was the Owl of Minerva. The eye was used by Freemasons, but only 14 years after the Eye of Providence (the one on the bill) was adopted as the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. I also encourage you to think about the compatibility of the eye of God and the triangle representing the Trinity, with the aversion of the original Illuminati against religion and superstition.

It's been a pleasure ^^

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

The pleasure was mine

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

All of you are posting in a pattern where you say you laugh at it, though, none of you have placed arguments against it

Here's the thing, though..it's hard to make an argument against something in which an argument for it has yet to be established (or, at least, established well).

This isn't to say anything against you or your argumentative skills, but about the nature of the idea of illuminati. Arguments about it boil down to conspiracy 'theories' with no backing evidence (as goes all conspiracy theories) and the 'argument' of "well you haven't DIS-PROVEN it"

All 'evidence' for the existence of the illuminati can also be credited to animeisdumbi..which is a group that threatens the people of Steve-ism.

Showing 16-24 of 24