ForumsGamesDecision 3: Where is the last inspector?

40 53715
Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

I have (as far as I can tell), all areas opened up. Each one has the Outpost, Factory, and Shelter icons. But I haven't found "Porterfield the Inspector." Is he in one of the outland areas (e.g. massacre or Den)? The last inspector I found was Rock; I found him in the last area I opened, Freeside.

Also, has anyone found a way to get more than one or two soldiers at a time. Kind of tedious.

• 40 Replies
Jesusfreakster1
Jesusfreakster1
4 posts
Farmer

I have the same problem. Do you have to restart?

Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

God I hope not. I'm finding the slog of repeated attacks on my outposts pretty tedious. That and the rarity of soldiers is kind of turning the game into a grind.

I'm going to try the 'explore' route for the two northeast territories to see if he's standing around somewhere.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You need to go back to the areas you have already unlocked the shelter. Sometimes even though the inspector enters the building, it does not unlock.

Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

Not sure how. I've looked on the map to see what area the shelter is highlighted in--always next to the factory. Then I've Rambled/explored that area, walked around, shot bullets into walls, carved my name on bathroom walls, etc., but still no inspector. I'm pretty sure I've done shelter missions for all of them too (militia training), but no inspector. Anything else I'm missing about re-visiting those areas?

danfer6
danfer6
2 posts
Jester

I found him at the factory at the very final district.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Rhythmdvl: Are you using the detector to help look for him?

Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I have the detector maxed out. The thing is, I've been to all the territories. I had four of six inspectors unlocked before I went to the last territory I had yet to scout (Freeside, the one furthest to the northwest). When I went there, I found Rock, the fifth inspector, but Porterfield hasn't shown up. I keep revisiting the earlier territories, chasing down ever single dot that shows up on the detector, but to no avail.

I'm starting to wonder if my save is glitchy---that I should have found Rock before I made it to Freeside.

Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

Okay, what's going on?

I just revisited the factory area of Westside and found an inspector (maybe he got caught in the crossfire during the original factory liberation). I got the yellow 'convey the inspector to the shelter' mission statement on the screen. After bringing him there it turned green and when I left it said I gained new skills. Great.

But when I went to the armoury afterwards, Porterfiled is still locked. Maybe I need to re-find all inspectors up through Freeside?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No. Just linger there after he goes in. It should tell you the task is complete at the end after you leave the area. If it doesn't you need to do it again. Turning green doesn't mean it counted for some reason. This was an issue in Decision:Medieval too.

Rhythmdvl
Rhythmdvl
6 posts
Nomad

I've led the inspector the the shelter and tried lingering, malingering, and middle-fingering to no avail. Went as far as hunting down every plant I could find to kill time. Even restarted Firefox/the game and trying again. I get the green checkmark and then the post-round wrapup message that I conveyed the inspector to the shelter: "New skills are available."

Probably going to restart, but I like my 6-man killing crew and leaping into a throng with only a machete.

Szitep
Szitep
3 posts
Farmer

Why can't I go to the last area?
The 6 others are ready and safe, I made the Den, and Massacre areas too.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Rhythmdvl: You should be able to keep everything if you start over.

@Szitep: You need to do an attack from an adjacent outpost to unlock the next area.

Szitep
Szitep
3 posts
Farmer

Ok, I've got it. And I've found Porterfield. The little scum went into the shelter, but in the menu he is unavailable. I hate him!

Berserker52
Berserker52
1 posts
Farmer

i havent faund the last inspector anywhere, how can i?

Szitep
Szitep
3 posts
Farmer

@Berserker52: First meeting at the factory capturing.
Then you can find him on Freeside area IV.
After a Direct Action from Frontier Outpost, and an other ramble, he is available for me.
The weapons of the outposts, are a joke!

Showing 1-15 of 40