ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] Can't view notifications on Disqus...

22 7103
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

It has been a while, now, about two weeks...

I can't view my Disqus notifications anymore. When I click the notifications bubble, it just shows the spinning "loading" symbol, but it won't show the replies/upvotes at all.

I also can't access the notifications through the Disqus website.
I can still post and reply normally.

I am aware that the issue is highly probable to be on my side only, but I'd really appreciate any help for resolving this annoying problem.

Thanks.

• 22 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@jbondguy007 There are a couple of other people that have this issue. @Erile for instance I believe. Erile, any luck figuring this out?

Could you try using a different browser for me? Do you have any security software or add-ons? Also, what location are you in?

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

Hey @Ferret thanks for the quick reply.

I use Firefox, but I also tried using Internet Explorer, no luck.
I have the following addons on Firefox only:

AdvertBan (AdBan) - Ad blocker
Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection - IObit SystemCare browser protection

As for security/antivirus softwares, I have both IObit SystemCare, IObit Malware Fighter, and Windows Firewall enabled.

I do believe I have tried disabling addons already.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@jbondguy007 That's is quite a bit of security software. Have you tried disabling temporarily and see if they fix it?

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

@Ferret That's actually not much. The IObit software/addons are actually more like a all-in-one antivirus, so the only extra is AdBan. But yeah, I think I did. I can try again, though.

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

@Ferret I'm happy to say that my issue is now resolved! It was the AdBan addon, it seems. Thank you very much for the help!

And tagging @Erile so that he can see this post, and perhaps it may help him/her.

Cheers!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Outstanding, have fun.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Well, I wish I had security add-ons to disable but unfortunately I don't.
: (
It doesn't matter where I log in from in the city, it doesn't work.

TimStryker
TimStryker
4 posts
Scribe

@Ferret Hi there - Im having the same probs it seems...Ive noticed it maybe for the last week or so now...I just ignored it figuring itd get better but it hasnt & now is becoming pretty annoying & frustrating...I cant view any responses or anything & whenever I click the red balloon, it just takes me to their site & when I click the links to see responses its empty even though it shows I have 9+ responses on the AG website...any idea whats going on? Are we supposed to have a Disqus account now??? Which I do...Im just beyond confused atm whats going on with this...Ill just repost my post from King of Towers...several other people responded saying they have probs with it too...I did turn off all blockers but didnt fix it...

does anyone know what the deal is with disqus? Every time I try to click on that little red balloon to see upvotes or responses it takes me to their site to try to make me sign up...which its never done that before...it just always took me to the upvotes or comments within armor games here.....so now I did sign up thinking its a new thing & im gonna have to to see future upvotes/responses...but after signing up I still cant find anything? Can anyone help please.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@TimStryker So much like @Erile, your account is perfectly fine. I've tested it on multiple computers here, and you can see this works fine for me...

http://i.imgur.com/Y2tkUdr.png

So far we've only had two cases of this, my gut still says it's something computer or add-on related. Known issues exist with Disconnect.me, Disasteroids, AdBan and other ad blockers.

Please test in another browser!

TimStryker
TimStryker
4 posts
Scribe

@Ferret - yeah seems you are right. I never use IE - so its at its default install with nothing added. I used IE & it works just fine there. Come to think of it I did add a few extra add-ons to Firefox about a week ago - same time I noticed the probs...I did disable the add blockers but guess its one of the other add-ons somewhere...will prolly have to mess around with it to figure out which one is the culprit - ty for the info ( :

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@TimStryker Sometimes even if you disable an add-on, it can still be causing mischief. Maybe try a "Privacy" window in FireFox, that tends to disable all your running add-ons pretty soundly.

TimStryker
TimStryker
4 posts
Scribe

@Ferret - yeah I tried private mode & still did the same thing...but I also just now tried a for sure way of not having any add-ons running. You can simply go to Help & select the "restart with add-ons disabled link. Which I did that too...but when I click the red balloon icon...it still loads up the Discuss website instead just like before...idk why cuz firefox is now running at its default settings with no add-ons...but somehow IE still works fine...

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Regarding me, as I've stated before, I've tested this problem on all 3 browsers across several different OS's on many different computers and setups. None of them have any blocking software of any kind and, just to be sure, in every case I disabled everything and rebooted. I even tested all of this again on a machine which I completely wiped clean, and then installed nothing but the browser. Even a factory-direct Windows 8.0 setup with only internet browsers was unable to get it to work.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Could you try creating a new AG account, and see if that account has the same issue?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi Ferret, I did try making a new account, but it didn't help. So you are right, its not my account per se, though its also not the computer, so I don't know. I'm just going to give up on it for now as I have too much going on.

Showing 1-15 of 22