ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games Community App

11 5301
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

How about an app designed for Armor Games on mobile.

Trials or Demos for games on mobile
Users would be able to test out some mobile games from this app, without paying for it. Then if they like it, they could purchase it to complete it.

Community On Mobile
Forums, comments on profiles, notifications. It is a real hassle on safari on my iPhone, so what about the app specifically designed for mobile, so zooming in and out isn't a hassle.

Beta App
Not sure whether if it will work? bugs? or just a loss of money? Beta app, testing it out through Safari not the App Store. Something like Free App Life, which is installed through safari, not the App store.

• 11 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't know anything there is to know about mobile devices, so I would not be able to visualize the limitations of this idea.

Forums, comments on profiles, notifications.

Since Disqus is mobile-friendly, one could infer that users of this app would be able to access their Disqus pages from clicking on one of their profile comments. If this were the case, would they be able to access their game comments from the app as well?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Since Disqus is mobile-friendly, one could infer that users of this app would be able to access their Disqus pages from clicking on one of their profile comments. If this were the case, would they be able to access their game comments from the app as well?

But I am talking about a community app, for the forums. It is incredibly hard using a browser on my mobile phone for posting on forums.

Here's my basic idea of it, from scratch of course.
http://s3.postimg.org/xfqo8b2nn/beta.jpg

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It'd be nice to have an app for posting in the forums, doing it through safari is really a pain. Also, for a second before I clicked on this I thought it was an announcement that the app was finally out... #hopescrushed

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'm sorry, exactly why you guys wanna help me convince these guys? Safari is A PAAAIIN. Of course there are more benefits as well..

Elionelion
Elionelion
66 posts
Peasant

Yeah it would be nice to have an app for that.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

If money is the issue Im sure most people wouldnt mind paying a dollar or two for this feature

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Actually you have a point @Erabor, I would not mind paying a dollar for this. But I was thinking for free would be more ideal.

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

I think that it shouldn't be an official app,ArmorGames is a flash games website,and it already contains a section for mobile games,that's the main purpose of this site,other sections like the community are less of a priority.

This could be done as a 3rd party app.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

This could be done as a 3rd party app.

I was thinking the same thing, but isn't using AG in that was like downloading music for free instead of buying it in itunes? May not be a good comparison, and I'm not 100% sure if it may be wrong to do so, but you get my point.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I was also thinking of another reason why AG app should happen.

- Because look how all the flash games are becoming mobile games.
- AG community on the App store could attract more attention, and more users. Thus making it a bigger community.
-Kids used to play flash games on their laptops, now parents give them iPhones and ipads. (they will never know the fun of flash games). But we can help that problem, by giving them AG app.

AND FROM WHAT I CAN TEL: Not many websites for flash games if non at all, has done this. Maybe making AG the first. Who knows, what if it becomes a big thing? More cha-ching for everyone who develops AG

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

@SirLegendary
Man this is a great idea ! i mean it can really make the site grow ! i support you 100% and yes no site has done this before if they do it they are gonna advance a lot !

Showing 1-11 of 11