ForumsPopular MediaAll Killer, No Filler Albums

3 4716
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Most albums, even the best, have one or two tracks that, if not bad, don't live up to the standards of the rest of the album. This is the thread to share the albums that don't have tracks like that. (Excluding greatest hits or singles collections)

The album Mclusky do Dallas by Mclusky is just such an album. The album maintains the raw aggression and heavy riffs of the opening track "Lightsaber ****sucking Blues" almost entirely throughout, save for a brief interlude in the middle for the softer and more melodic "**** this band," which increases the impact of the following track, the truly phenomenal "To Hell with Good Intentions." Other high points include the blackly comic "Gareth Brown Says," and "The World loves us and is our *****" which is what I imagine it sounds like if you torture a guitar to destruction. If you like 90s post hardcore, listen to it. You'll never spend a better 35 or so minutes.

• 3 Replies
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I think of the album All Killer, No Filler by Sum 41... not because it is exceptionally good (I am a big fan myself, but I like the pop-punk genre); but because it literally has the title All Killer, No Filler... just kinda funny; but really Fat Lip and In Too Deep are the only stand out ones, I also like Pain For Pleasure, but it is not as good.
I think the Art of Losing by American Hi-Fi is like that; I really like them. Why couldn't I have been born 10 years earlier, then I could listen to these bands when they were actually mainstream (kind of). Oh well; curse you youthfulness!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

NIRVANA's Nevermind album was an all killer. Just my opinions, since a lot of what might be said here, is most probably, actually, no doubt, all opinions.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

In my opinion Rise Against's Black Market album is all pretty good... If I recall there was one song I disliked slightly but overall it's pretty great. @Omegap12

Showing 1-3 of 3