ForumsProgramming ForumWeird Space 2 - V2.614

24 17892
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I still have a little bit more work to put into the tutorial portion, tho I am not sure if it is entirely necessary seeing as most of it is pretty common game play style.

I am also taking any comments on the game (seriously any comments). Might get your name added to the special thanks portion of the credits.

I hope you enjoy playing it
------------------------------------------------------------
V2.48

- More detail in the tutorial portion
- Initial speed is higher
- Better money visibility
- Lag reduction
- Lower enemy spam in the beginning
------------------------------------------------------------
V2.614

check the upper left corner at the main menu to see the version number refresh the page if it is incorrect
Weird Space 2

DOWNLOAD v2.614

- Reduced requirements for special abilities
- Increase money drop from enemies
- Challenge fix

• 24 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Whoops, sorry guys thought I added a download link to this one :O updated the OP.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Just a couple of things. The challenge that's based on asteroids... well, the small ones are really, really difficult to see due to the dark background. Probably, lighter colours would be better. Unless it is intentional to make it harder.

Also, are some enemies able to see your ship even if you're using the stealth mode?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

The yellow saucers have detectors.

The asteroids were intentionally made small, an idea I got from the movie gravity, but the spawn rate of the small asteroids should be minimal compared to the other sizes, they also require less shots to destroy. If the asteroid challenge is too difficult I can make a few tweaks, perhaps making them white like an ice asteroid might make them stand out more.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

So... now my laptop can't even detect your server @weirdlike! (oO)

I tried loading the game just now and the server doesn't respond, which makes a time-out message popup in my browser, asking if I want to try connecting again...

But I vvvont too phleyyy!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

And downloading the file to my laptop gave the same difficulty trying to connect to your server...
Awww maaaannnnn!!!
*slams keyboard*
... (oO) ...
Now my keyboard is broken?!
... (oO) ...
Awww maaaannnnn!!!
... (oO) ...

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Sorry @MrDayCee my server was down, it's working now... had to pay the bill :\
Tho the download link is hosted by mega, so it should have still been able to download for you.

Anyhow maybe someday AG will open up the developers portal for amateur coders such as myself for hosting, so I wouldn't have to link to third party hosting sites or my own weak server :O

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

The asteroids were intentionally made small, an idea I got from the movie gravity, but the spawn rate of the small asteroids should be minimal compared to the other sizes, they also require less shots to destroy. If the asteroid challenge is too difficult I can make a few tweaks, perhaps making them white like an ice asteroid might make them stand out more.

I'm afraid that challenge is too hard for me. When things start to speed up, uff, that's madness. Even with some of the power ups and shooting continuously, I always die, probably due to one of these small asteroids that I can't see :[

Also, I can't seem to beat the boss in the Pegasus galaxy, but I assume I need some abilities because shooting doesn't seem to do anything (?). Since I can't complete the challenge, I can't unlock any ability. So I'm a bit stuck... or I'm just clumsy (lol)

Maybe making them white would help, but I'm not completely sure. You can consider reducing the number of waves of that specific challenge or maybe changing it for another, maybe that one where the ship is being sucked by a black hole. It seems much easier, at least for me.

That being said, it's a nice game. Quite enjoyable, to be honest :]

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@kegaumongo there was a programming error with one of the asteroids randomly spawning with a size of .01 somehow making them super tiny and completely unnoticeable :\

I am also trying to give them streaks based on their speed hoping it will improve the visibility, what do you think about this?

http://i.imgur.com/TzOasnq.jpg

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Ah, okay. I'm relieved. I was starting to question my gaming abilities... Just kidding. Glad you figured it out.

Yes, that looks better. I believe that small asteroids will be much more visible this way, even if they're dark. Good idea =)

Showing 16-24 of 24