ForumsQuestsDecision 3 Quests

182 157701
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

New Quests now available for Decision 3.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/e026d3fe35e002bb14f7e5ca9a201477.jpg?v=1416338357&vv=1417645126
Ten Little Officers
Find 10 Captains.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/00af29b162f80bdcddbc748693381da4.jpg?v=1416338392&vv=1417645193]
Too Fast, Too Deadly
Reach 70 kills per minute (KPM) during an outpost mission.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/0a97406993b1314b11bb350d9c22771e.jpg?v=1416338449&vv=1417645295
Fists of Fury
Kill 500 enemies with a melee weapon.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/1ffbc227a210a972fc06bf2105e71dda.jpg?v=1416338475&vv=1417645316
Keeper
Find all 15 storehouses.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/1b96f35bb5648f6ecff80c31b6b6c20c.jpg?v=1416338499&vv=1417645363
Gibson Hacker
Hack all 50 of the 60 ATM machines.
(Note: Only 'Hack' the ATM machines, do not destroy them!)

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/7a3fecd7fb57ff3a9a60739eeab2907a.jpg?v=1416338547&vv=1417645395
Total Control
100% completion of the game.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/4b9cc18d3f86b7719072a983b62c307c.jpg?v=1416338592&vv=1417645419
Assertive
Complete at least 8 Siege mission waves on one of the Outposts. This requires the Decoy upgrade.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/adc6da14541c93648963fc2c31ed9fb2.jpg?v=1416338617&vv=1417645442
Boss Rush
Kill the Super Mutant Boss within 4 minutes.

• 182 Replies
lion2002
lion2002
21 posts
King

Same thing. Kill over 5000 zombies by machete and quest still not completed.
Also check every corner for ATM with no luck.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@gantic @lion2002 not completely sure, but I do think that it counts starting from when the quest came out. It might also be 500 melee kills in one battle, since I completed the quest after racking up 70k on a militia mission. I can't say for sure, because I started keeping track of kills around 100(using the thousand dead), and I was at about 600 when I entered that final militia mission.

@gantic are you blowing them up afterwards? So far, I've checked for and blown up atms on the first 4 zones.

@olinser It's not entirely trivial to hit 70 kpm. There's actually a couple of reasons for this. One is that kills caused by mines and grenades don't count, so you can't use those, but those greatly aid survival. Two is that as threat goes up, the troll count just racks up. If you try facing 100 threat mutant, there's a large chance that you'll fail even with maxed out tower(at least on hard). Before, in the previous decision games, it was trivial because your outpost didn't have HP, but now you do have to get distracted or risk dying. I'm also not really sure why you think the 8 wave outpost takes no skill; a solid wave of trolls(which is what you fight) will likely start knocking up your outpost.

The game tells you how many storehouses you have, so it's not incredibly dumb on its own. As I've mentioned, the ATM quest is possibly broken/dumb. I did note that they were only "skill" to a lesser extent, as it is possible to complete the game and miss them, and you do have to be meticulous, especially at the beginning(finding them without the radar is rather skillful, as you have to guess hiding spots and whatnot), .

The advice on quests was not meant specifically for you, but for others who haven't earned them yet.

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

to be honest its all grinding so i spend over 15 hours on it and still the 500 kills with melee weapon dont count and hacking all 60 atm machines neither i probably destroyed one before hacking so i think, that most of these quests are just really stupid

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Well I just finished blowing up all the ATMs in the city. You can't blow up unhacked atms(I new-gamed and blew an explosive tanker next to one, and it was still searchable(even though I was dead)). The only thing I haven't done is count the ATMs, because that just seems stupid.

The quests aren't all dumb grinding, it's the game itself that's grindy.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yeah, I blown up all of the ATMs, already. It doesn't work.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randommblah - I really don't understand why you're trying to split hairs with things like 'the game is a grind, not the quests'. If the game is a grind, by definition quests that require excessive completion of the game are a grind.

The quests make the grind WORSE because there was no thought put into them. They had a decent opportunity to put quests in that could have possibly made levels better, or increased interest and required a different method of playing the game.

'Beat X level without getting hit', 'Finish an Outpost defense with 100% durability', these are the kinds of quests that encourage you to play the game a different way.

'Kill 500 enemies with melee attacks' is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, especially because the number is so high and the melee attack does so little damage that it is useless against anything other than early enemies.

'Finish a level using only melee attacks' would have been a legitimately interesting quest, (could be made mandatorily harder by requiring it to be a 'level with at least 20%, 30%, etc threat level). That would actually require some level of planning and skill at a level instead of running around and killing weak enemies over and over and over again.

Searching for ATMs and storehouses.... there isn't anything meticulous about entering a level, hitting 'Z', and checking whether there are any storehouses or ATMs. They're not hard to find, and there's nothing even slightly challenging about getting to them.

@Gantic - By the way, if you can't find them, I would like to point out that there are a couple zones that have areas you only enter on specific missions. If you're searching for atms then you need to actually go through the 'Clean-Up' missions, they access different areas than 'Explore'.

There is very little skill involved in the troll siege levels. They move stupidly slow and don't dodge, it is laughably easy to hit every single shot. Either your outpost has the damage necessary to kill them, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, you upgrade it more then go back and finish it. No amount of skill is going to magically make your shots do more damage.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Olinser: Explore II is the Clean-Up area, becuase they are both Main Street.

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Or at least a progress bar that let you check how many enemies you killed with melee weapons!

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Olinser The quest says kill 500 enemies with a melee weapon. There's a machete that has amazing dps when fully upgraded... I'm pretty sure the quest doesn't refer only to the kicks and punches(which also can be upgraded).

I apologize if I'm being confusing, but my point is: D3 is a terribly grindy game, and having quests for it sucks. But in terms of the particulars, there are far worse quests to be hating on. They're not particularly bad in my opinion.

@gantic @Arkeyo it looks like the melee quest is 500 kills in a single level, judging by the low completion count.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@randomblah: It didn't work. It looks like I'll have to start a new game.

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

someone should repair the 500 kill quest

mongo89
mongo89
96 posts
Marquis

i hacked all 60 atms but i didn't get the quest :S

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Someone should repair this whole game. Btw who is responsible for these quests? AG staff or the developers?

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Gantic @randomblah - The machete does NOT give you kill credit towards melee kills. I've killed thousands with the machete, I've been using it exclusively for a long time because you can spam click an extreme rate of fire with it, it has by far the highest DPS, you can kill a regular troll in less than a second with a fully upgraded one, not to mention the triple cash you get by using it.

I'm reasonably certain that only kills done with the skill 'self-defense' actually count (as in, the attack that triggers if you get close to a zombie once you have bought the skill). Which is such low damage and such a low rate of attack that it's only useful on enemies with a sliver of health or the initial zombies/dogs you can kill with one hit.

Either that or the quest is straight up broken, which wouldn't surprise me given that multiple quests in the previous Decision game were broken initially.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The game developers are responsible for implementing the quests in their game, which is why different quests trigger in different ways and why many of the older but popular games don't have quests.

I've notified the admins, so we'll have to wait and see what the problem is here.

Showing 16-30 of 182