ForumsThe TavernShould I buy this pc?

2 3611
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229618

I want a pc that can handle any new games that will come out in the future and past games in 1900x1080p. How do you guys feel about this Pc? Are the Specs good?

• 2 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yes the specs are pretty nice, your processor FX-8320 means it's has 8 cores. 8 x 3.5 GHz = great.

8gb ram was always sufficient for great games. Though the problem is your video card will not fair so well to high graphic games that are coming out, actually if you had to play Skyrim on it, you wouldn't have maximum fps (60) all the time on high settings. Meaning, you will have lag due to the your GPU/Graphics Card (video card). Maybe playing on medium is okay, which is like the settings on a ps3 (which isn't so good anymore, compared to the latest gear).

If I were you, and that was your budget for buying a new PC, then I would definitely buy it, and save up for a new Graphics card for the future.
But if your budget could go a little higher, why not?

Setting up custom pc's (you choose each part, like you would for an engine of a car) is the best way to do it. like buying the parts separate, then assembling it yourself, or having the pc shop assemble it for you. Do some research. I suggest checking out this site for more information on GPU's.

Hope I helped, I'm a PC gamer myself and I fix my own PC's.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I would say probably a no on this particular model. It's high end on the memory, but the corresponding CPU is rather on the low end. It's my motto to stay within a budget, but not be cheap on the important components (like the GPU, CPU, and memory.) I quote from this website comparing the FX-8320 to the Intel I7(writer is referring exclusively to the 8320): "Performs worse in all types of tasks, A bit slow in games and graphics programs, Does not support some instructions, Comes without integrated GPU, Somewhat higher power"

The I7 is considerably pricier, yes, so I would consider the I5. It's a well performing processor, and it has a couple upsides over the 8320.

Also, far better graphics cards are available. I'm greatly impressed personally at the Radeon R9 series personally, but it's all about preference.

I would save and buy a higher PC if I were you. Think of the computer, not as another electronic purchase, but as an Investment. You want to get the most use and advanced capability for your money out of it. If you shop carefully, perhaps you could find a PC with a great motherboard and power supply, and then upgrade the GPU, CPU, and Memory yourself (knowledge of computers is required. Not IT knowledge, but you better know what you're doing.)

Tl;DR, No, I don't recommend it. It's real nice, but not impressive.

Showing 1-2 of 2