ForumsWEPRThoughts on Earth, how it was made, and how people/animals live on it today.

3 4604
DeathPickaxe
DeathPickaxe
71 posts
Shepherd

I am VERY sure as to how the Earth was created (not going to say whatnot thoughts), and so I want to hear all of your thoughts. I'm going to ask some questioned and I want all if you to answer truthfully. I will respect your choices, but question your answers by saying 'Why I think you're wrong'.

- How do you think the earth was made?

- How do you think there are animals on Earth, people, and why do you think Earth is the ONLY habittable planet?

• 3 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Sure, I'll play along.

I think "made" is a disingenuous term that doesn't fit and shows your bias. Earth formed like the other planets in this solar system and every other planet in every other solar system, debris from exploded stars that had produced heavier elements collected over a long time through the force of gravity.

- How do you think there are animals on Earth, people, and why do you think Earth is the ONLY habittable planet?

You don't know that Earth is the only habitable planet, and in fact its estimated that there are billions of planets in the universe that have the conditions for life as we know it here, not even discounting other types of possible lifeforms that could form under different conditions. As for how life began here, that's still being investigated, but we do know that self replicating amino acids are capable of forming from the hypothesized early Earth conditions (after it cooled somewhat) and that organisms change over time. With physical samples and dating methods we can chart how organisms have changed and with biology and chemistry we can understand the mechanism that it changes by, which we call evolution.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

apparently we are quite a new planet, and I do believe earth was made when space debris kept hitting it till it turned into a sphere.

Technically space is so large it has different universes, and if by only habbitable planet in our solar system is what you mean, then it's because we have oxygen. we have water. and our planet is at the right temperature for sustaining life. Other planets are too hot or too cold.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Kasic summed it up nicely.

Technically space is so large it has different universes,

I don't think we have any evidence about other universes. Maybe you meant different solar systems, galaxies or nebulae?

then it's because we have oxygen

We're breathing oxygen, but the first living cells on earth were anaerobic. Oxygen is a waste product of photosynthetic organisms and proved to be toxic to the anaerobic microbes.
Showing 1-3 of 3