ForumsGamesGemcraft CS new version released

54 10713
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Has anybody dived in yet? How have you found it? i wont have a chance until later today.

• 54 Replies
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

I had a chance to take a look at how it affected my levels. In my "main" game i went down about 100 WL ( dont recall my exact level but was between 3150 and 3190 and am now at 3085).

In my "hextile f " challenge game i went up from about level 70 or so to level 123.

The new hatred battle trait looks interesting, will have to see how it works in game play. Each level of trait raises the multiplier by .9. Max multiplier is 24.1 now. I dont recall what it was before, been so long since i played like that.
Not sure if i want to "start over" so to speak to just play on with my main game. Tempted to start over

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

ARGH, I dropped over 1000 levels, from 3k to 2k, due to exp being taken out over 1b.
My starting mana dropped 50k as a result, great news...
Well, today is a national holiday here in Italy, I have lots of time to get that back.

I had not time to decompile and look at the code, but the changelog doesn't seem to mention changes to the gem coefficients, so all the recipes I and psorek built should still be valid.

Happy gemcrafting
12345ieee

gurumao
gurumao
2 posts
Peasant

Players with low WL got a giant boost. I was somewhere in 350s, went up to 450!

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

I was around wizlevel ~2000 before v1.1 and remained about the same level afterward, although with a whole bunch of extra skill points from completing a lot of fields on Haunting. I'm a little disgruntled that enraging waves doesn't seem to increase XP gained anymore, though - what's the point anymore?

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

Impressions after a fast max traits stage:

I got 32b exp and bounced back to 3400 WL, so it's freaking easier to level past 3k now.

New fast bombs throw is great, no more sore fingers or macros.

But XP gained from enraging has been nerfed HARD, and I mean HARD, it seems that throwing in hundreds of g100s or just a g1 gives the same exp increase (which means that after you summon 999 monsters there's no point at all in enraging further).

Still puzzled by this update...

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

you need to enrage just with lvl 1 gems now. since there is now exp boost from enraging you want the lowest hp.

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

Honestly i like the update overall, I do have a few beefs with it (R.I.P. Permafreeze)... but overall it's not so bad.

My (and i'm sure many other people's) biggest fear was that it would be impossible to gain more than 1bil/field exp, though now i realize it's only capped on save-convert, so I'm okay with it. (mostly because i only lost about 15 wizard levels, and gained ~250 more after my first hour, though I admit it's a crushing blow to players who have 99% of their exp from a half a dozen or so fields...)

I also love that 2/3 of the skills got uncapped, and i'm pleasantly surprised that true colors and component skills are among them! Mana, Blood, TC at 70+ +15? yes please!! not surprised AT ALL that fusion didn't get uncapped, but man what I wouldn't do for just 7 more levels on that skill...

Hatred: I like it, I still wish that AC got replaced rather than BS since you can totally bypass BS for free exp by just spamming towers everywhere, but I guess that's why it got dropped... And now I have a new goal to work towards: Hatred 7 haunting w/ max traits. (x300 HP is still pretty intimidating at this point though...)

skill point bonuses are nice, but kinda unnoticeable being +2500 level...

I also like the idea of new fields to explore... too bad I have no idea how to unlock them... lol...

saving exp every 3 minutes in endurance is so simple yet so brilliant. I personally have never had my game crash, but I'm glad that now if it ever happens to me or anyone else, that we won't lose nearly as much as before. Also on the topic of endurance, another simple yet brilliant addition is multi-gem bombing. It makes mass-enraging SO MUCH LESS of a chore!

Slowing: it was confusing at first how this new version worked, but once I got my head around it, I realized how tremendously better this version is! at high enough grades you can even slow monsters to 90% for the entire time they're on the field with just one slowing gem at the nearest to spawn choke-point.

as for everything else, most of it i don't really have any opinion on, like bug fixes. overall I think this is a positive update and I look forward to more gemcrafting for many months to come.

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

EDIT: LucaDiv ninja'd me, I was responding to xroads

You forget the fact that you want the monsters to survive your managem, you'll need waaaay too much g1 for that.
Also I'll check the code to be sure

Some more notable changes I keep uncovering:
- slow gems now easily get you minutes and minutes of slowing
- I've just unlocked a V15, there are a ton more vision fields...

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I'm diving, instead of doing my programming homework :P

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

@12345ieee you just want high armor. so they pass your mana-traps and get killed with skill 4 (ignoring armor).

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

x300 hp is scary at level 3k? I'm not sure we're playing the same game here, I can do 1mill hp with grade 8 gems out of the gate (and could start with 2 10s if really needed).

Question from last page: max traits was x71 xp give or take.

Threw a couple grade 30s at a spark of wisdom, barely made 30% more xp...not sure where they cap now or if we'll be able to throw 60s like candy anymore to see where the cap is.

Got 5 billion xp on a hex A map, that was worth 100 levels at level 3100. Not sure where things shake out as far as what's possible yet...since we're looking at a harder xp cap now.

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

Well, as far as I know the absolute level cap of 10,000 is still in place. If you can get about a hundred levels off of every field, it may be possible to reach that limit.

Wisdom sparks might be capped at +50%, as I threw a g50 at one and that was the result (with no decimals).

On an unrelated note, how does the wisdom spark work again? is it an increase in overall XP at end of field, or just applied to the monsters that appear after it?

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

@DarkMohawk1 they increase the mana pool's xp gain multiplier, so every monster you kill AFTER the spark hits give more exp. I can confirm that wisdom sparks do indeed cap at +50% now (previously +200%) and it seems to do so with somewhere around grade 46, though i couldn't test that out because I got unlucky and haven't seen any lately...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Hmm ... I'm not seeing the astronomical monster armor growth I used to see when bombing with G1's. 101 G1 yellows dropped on wave 1, and its got 5 mil+ HP, but less than 1 mil armor. That's backwards compared to prior to this patch.

Ok, 40ish bombs later, and armor is taking off ... think I'll leave wave 2 with 159 million hp and 1.5 billion armor.

I think its the new trait, actually .. inflating monster HP.

Hmm .. new achievement? Enrage a wave to exactly 666 Swarmlings ... sad thing is, they're all reavers, not swarmlings.

Well, one thing's for sure - my style of enraging (bomb until I'm stressing the killgem) is clearly NOT the way to go now!

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

10^50 hp at wave 400ish? Think this is intended to be the no one will complete endurance ever until new bugs are found patch

I got the 666 swarmling achievement but I didn't check if it needed to be exact.

Lag with ~5k creeps on screen seems better this patch at least.

Showing 1-15 of 54