ForumsGamesTown of Salem! (Discussion, Strategies, Gameplay, etc.)

44 11901
red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I've been in forum games for a while and have seen a few people talking about the game Town of Salem. I figured there was a thread for it here, and it turns out there is none. I thought I'd add a thread for it. Here is a intro to ToS(Town of Salem) taken from the official website to anyone who has never heard of it:

Town of Salem is a browser-based game that challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The game ranges from 7 to 15 players. These players are randomly divided into alignments - Town, Mafia, Serial Killers, Arsonists and Neutrals. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Mafia and other villains before they kill you. The catch? You don't know who is a Town member and who is a villain. If you are an evil role, such as a Serial Killer, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught. Town of Salem has 29 unique roles ensuring a different experience each time you play. Before a game starts players are put into a lobby where the host can select what roles will be in the game. Players are then assigned roles at random from the list of chosen roles. Players have an in-game role card that explains their roles abilities and alignments.

This game, as stated above, is free and requires no download. Here's a link to the site: Town of Salem. If you join, don't forget to state one of us as a referrer!

Friend list
Darkfire45-Zeroh755
red303-Red303
helpo1-helpo1
JACKinbigletters-JACKinbigletters
blk2860- spiritcrusher77
R2D21999-R2D21999
pickpocket-pick
Doombreed-Doombreed
Gogotank- Gogo2568

• 44 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

tfw my flaming always makes me a target night 3 and before ;~;

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

I don't like being SK. And guess what happened to me yesterday? Yes, 4 SKs in a row. -_-

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I'm always medium or vigilante for some reason. I kind of like medium though so it's all good. I'd like to try amnesiac, but usually in custom game the host never puts anything good on.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Sorry that I didn't join, red, but I was just busy with getting myself hanged. (And yep, I was successful. ) I just love jester. Where is that ❤ emoji?

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

It's fine. I personally don't like jester because of how you have to wait the whole game dead doing nothing to win. I'm decent at getting myself lynched as jester. I just say that I'm a role somebody influential already claimed.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm R2D21999, I'm fairly new to this game, too. So this'll be fun.

Jimmy5441
Jimmy5441
2 posts
Nomad

I've heard alot of things about people being stupid in Town of Salem then I saw this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVd_qN56MM

Are people in this game really as dumb as in this video?

I got redirected here for some reason :/ don't know why Does it matter which thread I post in?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Ahh yes Town of Salem. The chat loves this game. My best roles are Sheriff, Serial Killer, and Vigilante. The ones where you directly and significantly play a role in each game.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Best roles are arsonist and godfather.
Also my username is pick just incase anyone cares.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

there's no one to give them away

except for people that can find out who are night immune, sheriff, invest, etc etc

best role is lookout

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I stopped playing this game for a bit just because of how the people were. That and the game is a little early in development. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I might start playing again right now. Anyway, I like the jobs and the idea, but sort of wish people would be less stupid. I guess that's part of the game, though.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Just got sold by the Judas-GF in All Any. Yes, the people can ruin all the fun in this game sometimes.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Joined. Name is Doombreed (what else ) helpo is the referer. Jester becomes boring when you die but in overall, is the funniest to play.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Now that I play this game again, I see how fun it is. Now if only I could actually lynch my target as executioner

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Has anybody managed to win as a werewolf yet? Just curious.

Showing 16-30 of 44