ForumsNews and Feedback[Locked] Unstoppable ads over a minute long

9 4721
strycat
strycat
4 posts
Farmer

Every time I encounter one of these minute plus long ads that can't be skipped, I'm going to stop visiting the site for 24 hours. If I encounter it within 24 hours of returning, I'll take an entire week off.

• 9 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Every time I encounter one of these minute plus long ads that can't be skipped, I'm going to stop visiting the site for 24 hours. If I encounter it within 24 hours of returning, I'll take an entire week off.

First of all, the site needs it to live. Isn't a minute video advertisement worth the hours of flash game playing? No site can live without ads. At least after you watch your ads you may play freely. Another thing is, it isn't like all the games have minute ads. I'm pretty sure not every ad is a minute long, and allow you to skip them.

Second of all, you don't threaten someone when you ask for help. Please be reasonable and ask appropriately. We love all our users, and the Admins always help out as much as they can. If you really feel urgent about your problem you may talk to @Ferret in his comments section in his profile. He is an admin here who is always more than willing to help out.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@strycat

How about refreshing the page then?

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

ive had a problem with this spartagen XL ad. it last 1:30 seconds and is everywhere. Can i at least get variety with my ads? otherwise i don't care about ads, just this one is getting on my nerves

strycat
strycat
4 posts
Farmer

@nichodemus, refreshing the page didn't help. I could not escape the ad for male enhancement.

@SirLegendary and no it isn't worth a minute of my time. Not for a product I have no interest in. I have watched a 5+ minute ad on this site before b/c it was for a product I thought was interesting. However I don't need to see more than 5 seconds of a male enhancement ad to know I'm never going to buy that product.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@strycat @231terminator

Ads are generally tailored to your search history...if anything, you have three other options.

a) Opt out of personalised ad targeting. There will still be generic ads, but you could pray that none of them are as long.

b) Get ad-free gaming from AG. It might sound excessive and almost a scam buying out of the ad-system, but in the end, AG has to run on something as @SirLegendary pointed out!

c) Twiddle your thumbs and do something for a minute before playing. It's just a minute after all.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@strycat

Yes, I understand you are angry, but the ads aren't targeted on you, they are targeted on groups of people. Yes there are people who aren't interested, but those who are, will eventually buy the product. It's like putting a fishnet into a lake, not all the fish are caught, but they are all targeted.
You say these ads are bad, but you haven't seen other site's ads. They are all over the page, we are blessed that our ads are very minimal in numbers.
You can never avoid ads, they are in the cinemas, they are on TV, they are on YouTube, and they are basically everywhere. It is all just the same, we, as people, must live with it.
The point is, all you have to do is watch a minute video, if it is truly unavoidable, and then get free hours of gaming.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

they arent tailored to your search history. Ive just been using my high schools computer for this and have come to mostly armor games and searched for pictures on google. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I HAVE ANY FORM OF INFERENCE THAT I WANT TESTOSTERONE??? sorry for the caps but they arent tailored to the search history in the least, and if they are then they are lunatics to think this ad was a good plan.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@231terminator

Like @nichodemus and I have said, Armor Games just hosts these ads. We can't change the way they make their ads. Also, like I mentioned, they are targeted at a group. The probability is that the computer you are using is in an area that was targeted. Basically you or your computer is part of the target market they (the creators of the ads) chose.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Nobody loves ads, but it's what keeps the lights on. Not much more to discuss here.

Showing 1-9 of 9