ForumsThe TavernWhich user did you idolize when you first came to AG?

56 18089
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Remember when you were new and it was that moment when you saw that user, who was so cool, with the merits, and the post count, and the (if you were here long enough) incredibly high rank and high AP count?

I idolized a now inactive user Xcalibur45. He was so cool.. once. As they say, work until your idols become your rivals. Or... in this case, equals.

• 56 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@MageGrayWolf His intelligence and no nonsense attitude were what made me respect him.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I don't think I ever really idolized a user. Of course when I first became active there was still talk about this new mod named Frank or something. What a dud he turned out to be. Just kidding of course, Frank is cool. I liked Cormyn (Ian) because he basically put himself in the same role as Ferret and helped me out from time to time. I guess if I had to choose a person to idolize it would have been Cen and StroppyMcHorseGuy. While Cen was a mod I swear he never slept or ate or did anything else except mod this site. He was always there when you needed a mod. Both Cen and Strop helped create WoM which was obviously a big hit and I know I loved it because I read the whole thing and was sad when it ended. Ya, those two were pretty cool. Sadly Cen went on with his life and Stroppy isn't around much anymore and when he is he is just lurking.

tl;dr Cen and Strop

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I never idolized any user but I admired Joey Betz for his games and niceness to users.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Mine was @Blackbeltr0. He is the leader of the largest AG clan and he just so awesome. Havent completely got over idolizing him yet... hes awesome.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I idolized the users in and near the top 10. I often pictured myself up there with them, with the Gold King badge and everything. Some of them even still had Iron King badges.

But I, a Gold King? Who could even think up such a preposterous notion?

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

I idolized @Gantic and @MrDayCee because of their quests. Then I discovered CT100, which led to two things: I stopped admiring mods and I started idolizing @Darkfire45. Then I won 8 counts and stopped idolizing anyone. :P

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I idolized @Mightybob because he was the leader of the Bob crew and back then I thought the Bob crew was the biggest clan ever.

Ah, good times.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Either @eliakith or @JACKinbigletters

The first for being the reason of me in AG forums, the latter for being so active in FG.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

I has been summoned!
(it gives me email notifications)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I idolized Graham and @Ernie15 and thepossum and a couple other people but I can't figure out the names because AG won't let the time machine work But point is, they helped me get settled in while I was new so I wouldn't mouth off at features I didn't like XD

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Mine was @Blackbeltr0. He is the leader of the largest AG clan and he just so awesome. Havent completely got over idolizing him yet... hes awesome.

Sure thing, he was my first friend here and he always maintains a friendly, positive attitude. Idolize might not be quite the right word though. MrDayCee has always impressed me with his huge quest, merit, and art collections.
thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Admin and Moderators. Then I met @MattEmAngel in some threads, I see if him are very active in the forum.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@MrDayCee I don't really know why but I idolized him when I first joined the site and started in the forums, even before he was a mod. He just had like such a mature aura, but I guess adults have that ^^

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

@Ferret for his activity in the games comment sections. He's helpful and polite. I can respect that.

On a side note, I nearly never ever post on the forum, only in the games comment section. :P

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

You mean besides myself? Most people might not remember then, but I thought @Carlie was pretty chill, along with @Strop and, of course, @firetail_madness =^)

Showing 1-15 of 56