ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Major system crash when playing certain flash game

7 2467
scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

Okay, so two days ago, I head to use my PC for a few hours, and I loaded up a new game called Must-a-mine, and was enjoying it. I'd played for about an hour, when the speakers began to make an god awful buzz noise and my system locked up, followed by a total crash of multicolored diagonal wavy lines down the screen. Last night, the same thing happened. I know the PC is not new, it's about 3 years old, a Windows 7 model, but this has happened twice playing the same game.

Is it possible for a bug in a flash game to crash an entire system?

• 7 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yes. It is possible, but pretty unlikely.

My guess is that your hardware is old. I think that your pc crashed because one of the parts already had a major problem. Can you specify your PC specs? or the model of your PC? Maybe I can do some research on your PC's specs, just to rule out the possibility of having old components.

scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

Well, we got the PC about 3 years ago, just after the new year or just before...about december 2011.

These stats come from Amazon, as we havn't modified the computer

Acer Aspire X1420
Brand Acer
Item Weight 8 Kg
Product Dimensions 52.3 x 34 x 18.8 cm
Item model number PT.SG9E2.003
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type Athlon 64 X2
Processor Speed 2.8 GHz
RAM Size 3 GB
Hard Drive Size 1 TB
Graphics Card Description None
Operating System: Windows 7 Edition Home Premium
Lithium Battery Weight 25 Grams

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Does this happen with other Flash games that you leave up for a long time? Particularly resource heavy ones?

scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

No, it's never happened in other flash games. Only must-a-dig, so now i'll only play for short bursts.

scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

And it's just happened again. 5 minutes after loading. It has to be the game, nothing else is causing it.

I'm running Chrome and the only extension running is adblock Plus.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@scorchx Adblock Plus can cause issues on our website. So can Disconnect.me, Disasteroids, Adban, or many other privacy or blocker softwares. Please test on an "Incongito" window on Chrome.

scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

I've disabled adblock.

I'll give it one more try.

Showing 1-7 of 7