ForumsThe TavernIs it better to be single?

30 8655
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Which is better: being single or being stuck for a nagging ***** for a wife?

I ask this question 'cuz it seems to have higher risks than rewards.

• 30 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Never say never.

I didn't say never, I just said chances are next to none. It is now an epic (what I mean by epic is like very, very, very, very, very ..., very rare) happening that you find a woman with a strong fortitude and faithfulness.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

it's supposed to last your entire life.

I know there's the word "supposed", but, still... may you please explain why divorce laws exist.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Heres a thought...taxes...

there are , at least from what I hear many tax breaks for being married, having children...etc...some people see this as social engineering by the government and argue that these things can really be harsh against those who chose not to live that way. I mean think about it. There is also the so called natural history to it all, the religious aspect, family pressures, the whole "survival of the species". Truth be told I would like these people to go watch a movie called Idiocracy. The premise of it is that the poor and dumb tend to breed more then the wealthy and intellectual and that the average number of poor and dumb will eventually cause society to become worse off. But hey the government knows what people want...

I could also see it as a ploy to create a group of constituents, aka many families share ideologies thus who ever is being voted on would think it is job security to create future voters in their favor :P.

But all that stuff aside it is a big choice in ones life and I see it as something as trivial to me as this...without my own future securely in front of me I do no wish to drag anyone else into it and I am just greedy and a self centered idiot who ponders why the world I have in front of me is full of crap being slung about by other idiots fighting for the little crap covered sanctuary there is

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I didn't say never, I just said chances are next to none. It is now an epic (what I mean by epic is like very, very, very, very, very ..., very rare) happening that you find a woman with a strong fortitude and faithfulness.

Now you're just being silly. There are plenty of nice women, you just need to meet them.

I know there's the word "supposed", but, still... may you please explain why divorce laws exist.

Because people may change, and you cannot force anyone to live their remaining life with someone they don't love anymore?
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Most girls either think I'm insane or a jerk (I'm only good at speaking if I'm not thinking about being tactful), so I might as well enjoy being single. (I have been on one date in my life. It did not go well.)

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

There are plenty of nice women, you just need to meet them.

Did I say 'nice' or 'strong fortitude and faithfulness'?

Because people may change

Then, what's the freaking point of marriage?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Did I say 'nice' or 'strong fortitude and faithfulness'?

Also plenty of women with a strong fortitude and faithfulness around, doesn't matter. The point stays the same, just wait and see. It is not even certain that the woman that best suits you has to meet all your current expectations; but you'll find out if you meet her.

Then, what's the freaking point of marriage?

Because people may not change, and love each other for the rest of their lives. For some marriage is making their love official, sharing their life; for many, it is a religious thing.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It depends. Some parts of the day I'm like "man I wish I had me a girl so S A D :'(" then other parts I'm like "A Y Y L M A O who needs a girl anyways?? I got me and freetime!"

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It depends. Some parts of the day I'm like "man I wish I had me a girl so S A D :'(" then other parts I'm like "A Y Y L M A O who needs a girl anyways?? I got me and freetime!"

Pretty much this. /thread

Humans are built to want social interaction, and are built to love and *gasp* procreate. Then came along this thing called society and government and all of a sudden marriage is not as simple as sharing deer meat and living in the same dirt hut anymore.

To be honest, I'd rather love and lose it than to never have loved at all.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeah, same. Personally I'm kind of tired of looking. If "the one" is out there, let her do some of the work and look for me. Double standards, etc. etc.

Don't expect them to find you when you're sitting on your couch, though Also, it would be a mistake to actively look out for "the one"; just meet girls, have a nice time, and if it turns out you'd like to spend more time with one, then do so. You won't find "her" by just looking at her.

I totally agree with that.
Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

If you want to be single, and that makes you happy, then there's nothing wrong with that, however, you might find someone someday who's perfect for you, and that you're perfect for.

Also, @roydotor2000 I think that you're only thinking of certain kinds of women, and most of us aren't like that.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

If your just gonna LOSE it, WTF is the reason to find it?

however, you might find someone someday who's perfect for you, and that you're perfect for.

like it would ever happen.

Because people may not change, and love each other for the rest of their lives.

You said may.

Also, @roydotor2000 I think that you're only thinking of certain kinds of women, and most of us aren't like that.

Oh really? *sarcasm

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

like it would ever happen.

Fool, of course it won't happen if you won't let it happen.

You said may.

They may not change, and that is why marriage still works. They may change, and that is why we have divorce. Different answers to different questions, and both are valid.
trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

No matter what you do, and so you'll regret

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Fool, of course it won't happen if you won't let it happen.

I wouldn't call him a fool ( that's not nice ) but I do agree with this

They may not change, and that is why marriage still works. They may change, and that is why we have divorce. Different answers to different questions, and both are valid.

Yes, but this is why you wait a long time to get to know the person before you marry them, to make sure that they're right for you, and so you don't have to worry about getting divorced

Showing 16-30 of 30