ForumsWEPRLittle Devil Spring unusual but fun for divers

9 1953
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

The dazzling, exotic Little Devil Spring is not your usual kind of dive

Stepping into Little Devil Spring represents both a sensory and culture shock for the average South Florida scuba diver: sensory -- because the water is nearly always clear and nearly always a chilly 72 degrees or thereabouts, and the fish species are different.

And culture? Let's see -- no boats, no salt spray, no waves and an excellent chance of encountering a cave diver laden with enough gear to establish an outpost on the moon. In other words: exotic, unfamiliar and fun.

Read more about at http://www.miamiherald.com/627/story/583576.html

• 9 Replies
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Sorry but I forgot to ask the question: Do you think that this could lead to amazing discoveries?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Are you just trying to promote this place through a forum?

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

No, I am not trying to promote this place. I am asking once you read the article, if this place could lead to some interesting discoveries?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry about this, but did they just now discover this spring or something?I am too tired, and lazy to read the article, sry about that.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

You might be able to use it as an alternate energy source, other than that I doubt it will bring up new discoveries, maybe an extremophile bacterium, but I doubt anything else if people have dived with three tanks.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Necromancer, extremophile bactera is an organism to find life on other planets. We would not find it on a planet that already has life. And plus, new discoveries could be, a new type of fungi, or something that can life in harsh conditions.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

What kinds of new discoveries do you think we might find? Maybe some new fish species or something, but the article itself doesn't seem to suggest this at all. It just seems like a neat place to go diving.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Extremophiles are bacteria that like extreme conditions (&quothilia" being Greek for "love&quot. They are terrestrial see wikipedia. They are often thought about in relation to other planets, because other planets would have similar extremes to the ones, these creatures live in.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

I know that Moe, but you never know if that the divers could be marine biologist's as myself and they could be looking for new things. I am not trying to promote it but dig for answers.

Showing 1-9 of 9