ForumsGamesGC:CS Trap Leech Boost Glitch?

5 2295
Suuper
Suuper
34 posts
Nomad

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2n17uic.jpg[/IMG]

Both are the same gem, in my inventory on the left, in a trap on the right. Look at the mana leech values. 10 digits, 13 digits.

Am I just being stupid and missing something, or is the trap really multiplying my mana leech by several hundred? With a handful of these gems in traps (most have +30% from barrage), I'm getting 2-3 e15 mana per frame, which seems to indicate that the displayed trap value is correct.

• 5 Replies
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

It's a display bug, not the real value used and has been around forever. Easily checked.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

That's a display bug that has been around since the game was released. Basically, for specials, it reads two E levels higher than the actual amount. That right hand gem, the one in the trap, is actually at 2.17e10, not 2.17e12.

Its an irritating display bug, nothing more.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Wait, are you guys sure? 2-3 E15 yes? Base 2.17E10, 714 max hits per shot, max 2 shots per frame is 3.098E13. Um...+2Es = 3.098E15, right in line with his estimate of mana/frame. Could the bug be that until E values, all mana gains are actually multiplied by 100x????!!!!

Suuper
Suuper
34 posts
Nomad

No, they're right. I didn't end up getting 100x more mana next time I got my mana. (Except not all specials have this bug, only the ones that display 2 digits past the decimal point. Which all the useful ones do.)

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Oh wait, so now you were mistaken in one of your values then? Pity.

Showing 1-5 of 5