ForumsForum GamesChronicles of Katlega: Act 1- Signup

42 12236
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Welcome, and thank you for visiting this thread.

This is a forum game signup for the Chronicles of Katlega role playing game. The actual game will be starting on JANUARY 14 .

Note- Our staff has decided that TWO Game Masters will be acting as the referees instead of the normal one game master. That being said, we can support a large amount of players, but not too many. If too many players sign up, we will be forced to select the best backstories for the game.

WHAT IS CHRONICLES OF KATLEGA? Katlega is a tabletop roleplaying game formatted for forum play. That being said, we have created a modified version of D&D 3.5. But instead of keeping focus on stats and numbers- we are directing our attention on the story.

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR- Anybody can play, and at any time someone can join, although there will be ingame benefits to those that sign up here. Those who are more active in the game will be more important to the game’s storyline. That being said, players will actively influence the world of Katlega.

WHAT EXACTLY IS KATLEGA- Katlega is a world comprised of beings much like you and I- There are aspects of fantasy within this world but it has a close resemblance to the world you and I call home.

HOW DO I JOIN?- Fill out the character sheet below.

Name- What you are called be your peers

Age- Your physical age

Gender- What sex you are

College Major, if applicable- What did you graduate with? Did you go onto masters? Details is key

Job, if applicable- Are you employed? If so, then doing what?

Reason for Cruistar- *SEE BELOW*

Physical Appearance- Could be within backstory

Backstory- Everything that makes your character who they are. Key events in their life, relationships, anything. Again, details are key.

*Reason for Cruistar*

At the start of the game all of the players are on a cruise ship. It is June 15, 2015 when the cruise ship (named Cruistar) leaves the port of California and heads towards Japan. Not long (perhaps 5-6 hours) after the ship leaves something strange happens. A massive rogue whirlpool engulfs part of the ship- the part the players were on.

After the stunned and possibly injured survivors wake up- they are in a strange new land. This land is called Katlega- and the players lives will never be the same.

Therefore- what are your reasons for going on this cruise?

We hope that you will consider joining this game!

Questions can be posted here as well!
Remember the game will be starting January 14, 2015 and if too any player join then we will be releasing the list of accepted players a little bit before that!
Have a nice day!

-Erabor & the Chronicles of Katlega staff.

EDIT 1- Players do not need to know D&D 3.5 mechanics to play.

• 42 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@Loop_Stratos I hadn't even considered a child character...

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

@JACKinbigletters huh, should i do a 0yo character next time? In a hack and slash rpg no less.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

A very uninteresting character one would assume, every turn all you could say is *Cries* or *wails* or *accidentally head-butt parent* or *Wake up at 3 in the morning because of reasons.* Regular baby things.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I definitely hadn't thought of a child with that age in an RPG. You would be severely limited by the age, though. So good job for thinking outside the box, but that would be a boring character to play.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Name- Sapphire
Age- 16
Gender- Female
College Major, if applicable- Not yet gone to collage, but have applied for a collage in my home town.

Job, if applicable- Volunteer in local charity shop. A general Jack of all trades; reasonably skilled at most things

Reason for Cruistar- her mum won it in a competition online, and as her mum couldn't leave the house due to her illness, and the younger children couldn't go on their own, Sapphire was allowed to go instead.

Physical Appearance- long brown hair, eyes that have a tendancy to change color. Large palms with long fingers ,and long, strong legs.

Backstory- A lover of dark chocolate, she can often be found with a bar of it in her pocket. She never has her hair down, due to it's habit of falling in her work. She makes some money selling the things she makes, from paintings to pots, making enough to support her ill mother and three younger siblings steadily. Being the third child made her left out of many things in her childhood, due to the age gaps, and she tends to keep to herself. To compensate for her loneliness, she developed a voice in her head that advises her. and can sometimes give the outcomes of decisions. At the age of 7, her father died of cancer, leaving the family to cope alone, and her two older brothers are in university, and will be there for at least another two years, so unable to help the family in any significant way. After living this way since her brothers left, Sapphire has become independent, and able to defend and look after herself. She has always admired birds, and they are often the subject of her art. She hopes that during her cruise, she can get inspiration, so has brought pencils and a sketch book with her.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

@Loop_Stratos Could you edit the backstory, perhaps from a parental point of view? Why did the parents go on the cruise, for example. And Physical description... of course its a baby/toddler, but what color hair, eyes, size, ect.
Much appreciated

Name- Sapphire
Age- 16
Gender- Female
College Major, if applicable- Not yet gone to collage, but have applied for a collage in my home town

So he applied for a collage at age sixteen? Did she skip a grade or two? Most apply for collage their senior year, not their junior/sophomore

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Name- Cycron

Age- 12

Gender- male

Reason for Cruistar- going to Japan to get new technologies.

Physical Appearance- Face has strange metal looking things on it, and right arm and left hand are mechanical. (at least what seems to be 15 years ahead of time) left leg is also mechanical, and upper chest is metal.

Backstory- (this is gonna be fun.) born into a technologically minded family, Cycron also had a strange name, and was teased for it at school. At age 9, he was caught in a fire, burning off some of his limbs. after being rushed to the hospital, he was given cybernetic replacements for his arm, hand, leg, and damaged organs. (thus the metal chest.) At age 11, he was forced to be given more implants after major problems with his limbs, associated with his ignorance of the machines, these increased his intelligence dramatically, allowing him to be considered a adult due to his knowledge. (IQ tests after the implant was over 400.) afterwards, he gave a multitude of upgrades to himself, wanting to be useful in any situation. at 11 1/2, he ran out of technology to integrate. after raising money, he bought a ticket to Japan. thus the Cruistar.

(something i must do is to list his numerous tools and weapons.)

Tools: has a toolkit with screwdriver, hammer, ETC. specialized drills and lasers, and other minor things i dont care to mention.

Weapons: Laser cannon built into arm, electric fingertips, flamethrower, wind projector, and others.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Making a more serious one.

Name- Eltrus

Age- 13

Gender- Male

College Major, if applicable- N/A

Job, if applicable- Student

Reason for Cruistar- Wanted to travel overseas, and possibly having interest studying there.

Physical Appearance- Average height, thin, Brown and short hair, Light blue eyes, No abnormality

Backstory- Lost his parents not long after he's born due to an accident. He's raised by his parents' younger brothers and sisters. He have little friends, because of his shy personality. He is quiet. He shows interest about transportation and gadgets.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Name- Jack Mcnugget

Age- 80

Gender- Male

College Major, if applicable- Taxonomy major

Job, if applicable- Taxonomist

Reason for Cruistair- To find and name new new creatures.

Physical Appearance- Beard, tall, blue eyes, black skin.

Backstory- He was born to be a taxonomist. After he graduated he married.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

@etg2002 Im alright with the possibility of a child genius, but there Is no way a pre-pubescent kid would be allowed on a cruise ship with a laser cannon, rocket launcher, ect. There is nothing wrong with perhaps inventing these things within the Katlegan world, but the character you submitted is a bit too unrealistic. Please edit.

@Loop_Stratos Thanks ya, Loopy!

@Lowco1 Taxonomy is a sub science of biology, so most of the times Taxonomy would not be a college major, or someones main job. Those interested in taxonomy generally hold these types of jobs=
Research Scientists
Biology Teacher
Crime Forensics
Wildlife Forenics

Just throwing ideas out there haha.
This is your character, though! If you want to be a full-bred taxonomist then I wont stop you hahahaha!

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

As I said earlier, there will be two GMs within this game. The first one Is..well...me.
The second one is a guy named @feathers34
He is an irl friend that just made an account.
Be nice to him hahaha.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Name- Cycron

Age- 12

Gender- male

Reason for Cruistar- going to Japan to get new technologies.

Physical Appearance- Face has strange metal looking things on it, and right arm and left hand are mechanical. (at least what seems to be 15 years ahead of time) left leg is also mechanical, and upper chest is metal.

Backstory- (this is gonna be fun.) born into a technologically minded family, Cycron also had a strange name, and was teased for it at school. At age 9, he was caught in a fire, burning off some of his limbs. after being rushed to the hospital, he was given cybernetic replacements for his arm, hand, leg, and damaged organs. (thus the metal chest.) At age 11, he was forced to be given more implants after major problems with his limbs, associated with his ignorance of the machines, these increased his intelligence dramatically, allowing him to be considered a pre-adult (example of one of these: Artmeis Fowl. could be considered one.) due to his knowledge. (IQ tests after the implant was over 400.) afterwards, he gave a multitude of upgrades to himself, wanting to be useful in any situation. at 11 1/2, he ran out of technology to integrate. after raising money, he bought a ticket to Japan. thus the Cruistar.

(something i must do is to list his numerous tools.)

Tools: has a toolkit with screwdriver, hammer, ETC. specialized drills and lasers(the kind used for laser pointers) electric stimulator, and other minor things i dont care to mention.

(i changed out one of his weapons(not really a weapon, was electric shock thing) for an electric stimulator. a electric stimulator is able to stilulate certain muscles in the body to cause them to contract or relax. sort of medical equipment i guess. is that any better? also changed a word i phrased wrong. (word was Adult. changed to Pre-Adult.) Edit was not working.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

other minor things i dont care to mention.
I'm sure your going to have to specify exactly what you have and what you don't so later on you can't go, yup I got that right here.
etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

@JACKinbigletters minor. do you not understand the word? it means like, everyday household tools. i meant as in stuff like a drain cleaner.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

minor. do you not understand the word?
... I know what the word means, but even if there minor every detail counts. It's been specified numerous times that details are important to this RPG, the list of tools is another thing, I'll help if you want.
Showing 16-30 of 42