ForumsGamesUnderage Gaming: Should Kids Play CoD?

35 10403
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

This recently came to me after I had a rage about what a woman had said in an article about the Lizard Squad Gaming Attacks.

In this article a woman was quoted to have said that her 8 year son and his friend had waited all month to get their xBox One for Christmas, Battlefield (yes, i know its a PS exclusive, but bear with me) planning to play Call of Duty, Destiny and similar style games together.

I personally object to this for several reasons:

a) These kids are way too young to play these games. As a 14 year old myself, I do play 16-rated games, but I see myself as an intelligent, savvy child who knows that this should never be done, whereas I see younger children entirely immersing themselves in these worlds, playing games in which they stab each other, use profane language at each other and act as if the game itself is real.

b) As far as I am aware, these kids were also too young to use xBox Live party chat, allowing them to talk with anyone they invite to their chat, and, in multiplayer games, anyone (because I believe the age required is 14).

c) I am sorry, but they are hell to play with if you have multiplayer chat enabled. I am not intending for this to sound ageist, but this is one of my personal views.

I am really just venting my anger, but I also want to know what the Armorian community think about this.

• 35 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'm not here to argue, but... I guess the solution to that is not about the mics, it's about muting the users. Which I believe is possible online.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I'm not here to argue, but... I guess the solution to that is not about the mics, it's about muting the users. Which I believe is possible online.

But then how will I find out who my mother slept with!? :P

Also, @ExitPathGirl16

Yup

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@Sirlegendary
How did you do that? o>o

Rokie06
Rokie06
47 posts
Nomad

This is off topic but related to the thread. It happened again, the kids have conviced another kid to go to the strip club but luckily I manage to stop it, if I weren't there maybe something might have spark and it will be uncontrollable. I personally believe that anything related to adults should be limited to Teens and adults and not kids because they might pick up ideas from the game and do something bad but not saying it is the cause of joining a gang or comitting crime.

ExplosiveCake1
ExplosiveCake1
43 posts
Shepherd

I'm underage for 17+ games, but the M rated games I play are rated that way because of violence. I'm not allowed to play stuff like GTA (you probably know why).

Showing 31-35 of 35