ForumsGamesCan't unlock Adaptive Carapace, Gemcraft Chasing Shadows

9 2959
starthinker
starthinker
3 posts
Peasant

The wiki says it's unlocked in field E6 and another source says Q6, but I've cleared them both multiple times. What is the definitive way to unlock this battle trait? Was it changed in the latest upgrade?

• 9 Replies
LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

i don't remember which field it was on, so i can't help there, but when you're acquiring new skills, you have to unlock the "skill tome" on that level. skill tomes will be squares with circles in the middle on the field, and when you mouse over them it'll show a range circle and a tooltip that will say "kill <number> <afflicted> monsters/swarmlings/reavers/giants within <range> to unlock"

so to get the skill, you have to kill <number> amount of the listed monster type within the radius to get the skill. occasionally it will call for cursed, frozen, or cursed AND frozen monsters to be killed, in which case, hit them with the correct spell(s) before killing them for it to count.

i hope this little bit helps.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

My notes tell me, I have unlocked it in Q6, together with T hextile, U hextile, T1, U1 and The Forgotten... I can't recheck at the moment, maybe later... The only slots I haven't it unlocked are my "f-hextile"-slot and another, "low-level-low-skills" - at that slot I stand at Q2 but could not beat it with my settings

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/Ltj5K0B.jpg
@armorgames: the edit-block is ... not nice

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

OK - Q6 does not give AC anymore! Instead of Adaptive Carapace I got hatred...

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

AC is now given by E6!

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

Why you do stuff like this without telling us peter? it makes us look like idiots when we give bad advice!

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Why not - at least the field token are not shuffled, too

starthinker
starthinker
3 posts
Peasant

Oh, I got it, I cleared E6 many times, I thought since the update but I must be remembering wrong.

Thanks!

conzo4321
conzo4321
4 posts
Farmer

Thanks this is a massive help

Showing 1-9 of 9