ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Followers?

2 2382
Jakathera
Jakathera
6 posts
Scribe

I just received a note that so and so has followed me through what I'm thinking is the DIsquis app. What does it mean to have someone follow you? What can they see/not see and is there a way to block them? I have no idea who this person is, and it is uncomfortable to peruse the website with someone who can see all my activities with a click of a button. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ahead!
Jak

• 2 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not sure if AG can answer it themselves but I looked on some kind of disqus FAQ thing.

Basically if there's a user who's comments you like, you can follow them for their most recent comments. However it says it shows up in your home feed so for that part you'll most likely have to go to the disqus website to see them.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

@Jakathera - From what I can tell, following someone on Disqus simply provides a notification when that user posts a comment. This can be especially invasive considering many other sites use Disqus as well - not just AG.

You can remove followers, though. Go to your AG profile and scroll down to your comments. You'll see your username below 'Rules and Guidelines'. Click on that and then click 'Your Profile'.

From there, you'll see a tab that says 'Followers'. Once you click that, you can see who's following you and there's also a red 'X' you can click to remove that person as a follower.

Showing 1-2 of 2