ForumsWEPRDeath penalty: yes or no

96 37291
WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

What do you think, should there be a death penalty?

Perssonalni I am against it,because of these things:
1.Death penalty vs liftime jail (well death penalty is kind of reward in this case)
2. How are we bether then him/her? Where is ours moral?
3. We must think about moral of executor.

So what do you think?

• 96 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

community service jobs can be paid jobs helping people living their life. why give away those jobs for people who do not get paid for it? overall it is just more money for the government, less money in public circulation.
i seriously don't see the point in letting people do petty jobs to get them out of their system ("rehab"). it isn't a punishment at all, and the only 1 getting better from it is the government.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

@09philj @xerox

Since 09philj posted after me I figure I'll just bring your attention to this thread. And as a quick answer to your question 09philj look at Moegreche's post on page 4.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Perhaps it'll be a judicious juncture to bring this up: What are your stances on the Bali Nine? Specifically the two ringleaders who are to be executed soon.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the Bali Nine. On the one hand, despite my extreme dislike for any drug use and those that would peddle such toxins to the community, I don't believe that drug trafficking is worthy of a death sentence. On the other hand, they knew the risks when they went to Indonesia to try smuggling drugs. One of them was even warned before leaving not to go because it was too dangerous. I have no pity for those who willingly take a stupid risk and get killed because of it and part of me feels that the Indonesian government should follow through with their standard punishment because there shouldn't be any pity for those that knowingly do something so dangerous.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The only problem with how Indonesia handles this is that smugglers are known to sometimes put drugs in tourists' baggages when they're not looking, in hopes they get through. This has lead more than once already to an innocent being arrested and trialed for smuggling.

Showing 91-95 of 96