ForumsNews and FeedbackWhat do you think of having .gif Armatars?

6 5284
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

I think it'd be cool. But can it be done?

• 6 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I don't think I can exactly agree to this. For one reason, having custom armatars is not allowed. Apparently, even mods can't have custom armatars. The only time you can have an armatar outside of the standard ones, is when you enter them in contests and they are chosen. So gifs will have to come from us, which means you can consider them as custom armatars.

Another reason why I may disagree with this is because, they look so messy. They don't look clean.

Also, it defeats the purpose of people recognizing who you are in a glance because they know you use a certain armatar.

Now if AG were to make their own .gif armatars, I still wouldn't use them. They just aren't clean and tidy, they make thing in a site look messy. I've seen other sites.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I think it'd be cool but probably after a while I'd probably get a seizure.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I think the feature can work well on other sites, but I don't think it would work here, unless it was simple animation revolving a stable background frame ie: the gif submission in the AG Winter Contest if they are GIF's like that that I'd love that, and it'd be fun to try to make ^^

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I like it in theory, but in practice maybe not so much. It makes a very busy looking page. But who knows what the future holds.

calwina
calwina
300 posts
Blacksmith

I dont like gifs to much,but redoing it over and over isnt good for me. lights hurt me when their played overtime

skullknight2000
skullknight2000
3 posts
Constable

I've seen many players with custom armaters and I'd like if I could make one for myselve. The armatar selection is actually very limited.

Showing 1-6 of 6