ForumsQuestsSushi Cat-a-pult Quests

70 45249
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Meow Meow Meow Quests. Meow Meow for Meow Meow Sushi Cat-a-pult.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/1da1a6c637df021a424039636aa0c65a.png?v=1419007088
Moon Cat
Complete the game.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/a940def5cbd1626dcd4b56539d65cf40.png?v=1419007123
Bird Bouncer
Bounce off 20 birds in one run.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/6c847512e403b42e77b5e7b58536e4b9.png?v=1419007183
Shop-a-holic
Buy every upgrade from the shop.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/1a448d634fb5942f0e0a19346db7d689.png?v=1419007234
Sushi Master
Get 10,000m on Sashimi Gardens endless mode.
Get 10,000m on Akami Beach endless mode.
Get 10,000m on Tokyo endless mode.
Reach max size then dont get hurt for 120 seconds.
Don't hit the ground for 120 seconds.
Hardness: Hard

• 70 Replies
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Staying in the air is just impossible. The one who implemented it thought "this is the same type of game as Burrito Bison, so just apply the same quests here", but here are almost no bonuses, no overcharging speed, no automatic carried away etc.

Stage 1 just takes time, and probably gains the max size ach too along the way.
If not, Stage 2 will definitely give you that as there the spikes are very rare. The problem with Stage 2 (Beach) is, that there are low amount of sushi, and a lot of tall-objects.

There is a serious BUG issue though: many times if you hit an object, you instant-loose. No idea why. This effect is independent from both vertical and horizontal speed.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Why is the last quest five quests in one instead if five separate quests?

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Imo, the 10,000 part should be 1 quest and the 120 part should be another quest

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Especially as the quest is currently redundant.

IF it'd be possible to stay in air for 120 seconds (as it is not), that's also mean you are unharmed for 120 seconds, as the only thing that can hurt you in the air is a helicopter, and that means instant contact with the ground (it kicks you down very fast, and you loose all your height both in terms of height and vertical speed).

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You need to do don't hit the ground in Sashimi Gardens. It's easier. I've managed ~90 seconds real time, so that's probably ~50-60 in-game depending on how slow the game was actually running.

There's plenty of sushi an the sushi bonuses are really helpful for staying off the ground. Two of them help you charge faster and the other gives you more air time. You just need to make sure you've got at least one charge at all times.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

The bounce (skill) does not count, only the bounce from objects.
But of course, you can use that skill . to aim targets to help you stay in the air!

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Only buff-sushis are in Stage 2 (beach), and not enywhere else, and they do NOT help to stay in the air longer.

the fastening sushi just makes the screen scroll faster, but you are in the air for the same amount of time. And here is nothing to control the character with, unlike in Burrito Bison.

the "more air" is the "lower gravity" shushi, and that helps not at all, as it takes away a lot of velocity for the extra 05 second it goves. When it comes to 120 second goal, that is not real help.

Neither sushi is anywhere outside the Beach area.

Also, neither sushi is frequent, and the quest counts realtime seconds, not some hidden ingame second (based ion the do not get hurt part).

And again: as nothing can hit you in the air, the fly 120 second makes the do not get hurt parts are redundant.

Lastly, it does not help that regularly for 2-3 screens there is nothing on the map. Neither birds, nor helpful bouncers, neither harming devices.

Not to mention there is the "sushi meter is not filling" bug, the "you die by touching this object" bug, and the "you don't get the desired fastening effect from the pond" bug (pond/fountain supposedly reduces size, but makes you faster, but sometimes they slows instead of fasten).

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

No offense, but I personally think that the last quest should be removed since no one has been able to complete it

I accidentally reported my own post

digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

The last quest makes anyone hate the game. I mean, the "don't touch the ground for 120 seconds" part, is impossible to achieve. It doesn't matter what you do, you can't control that one. You just have to be VERY lucky...
I completed the 10.000m parts, so I've been playing for HOURS to do that, and I always hit the ground... it doesn't make sense...

Also, doing the 10.000m part is BOOOORING, because it takes hours and it's not funny nor challenging.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

congrats to the person who beat the hard quest

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

congrats to the programmer who can write over a hexadec code to fake a completer for the 120 sec in air.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

I'm not sure whether to congratulate those who've bothered with the 10K aspects ... or to pity them.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The 10k ones take about 2 hours(?) to complete. I wouldn't mind if the game moved two or three times faster. 6 hours of sitting through a slow-moving cat hardly seems to be worth it, and if you fail part way through, that's even more time.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I have no issue with some quests being extremely hard. I would not have an issue with this one either if the game mechanics always worked, but, sadly, they don't.
All too often, he'll get stuck on a puddle as though it were a large obstacle, meaning that he gets wedged up against an invisible wall before he can even reach it. Worse still, it usually happens some time after the super friend has been activated by either a trampoline object or a low-lying hurricane powerup. There is no way to exctricate him, as it counts as an immediate loss, preventing the use of any remaining bounces.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@twilight2 you can bounce on spikes, which would keep you in the air but make you lose size

Showing 16-30 of 70