ForumsGamesStrategy games

20 6726
Rokie06
Rokie06
47 posts
Nomad

So anyone know any decent strategy or Rts gamea around, it may be a WW1,WW2,Cold War, or anything related to strategy please I wamt to check them out

• 20 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Red Alert, which is an alternate history cold war RTS, and Starcraft II, which you should have heard of.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Total War series and the Europa series. Check out Paradox, they publish a lot of grand strategy games

Rokie06
Rokie06
47 posts
Nomad

Thanks I'll check it out if you guys have more pleaee suggest

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I suggest Fire Emblem Awakening and Codename S.T.E.A.M.

I played the demo to both of these and they're great, although S.T.E.A.M. doesn't come out until next Friday. Gawd I really want FEA.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@Rokie06

Ultimate WWII history fanatic's micromanagement dream: Hearts of Iron IV

19th Century Strategy Game that gears more towards Politics/Economy/Trade: Victoria II

Strategy Game based on building up dynasties: Crusader Kings II

Good Space Fantasy RTS: Dawn of War, Supreme Commander

Good Space Strategy Game: Sins of a Solar Empire

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Good Space Fantasy RTS: Dawn of War

Agreed. Especially the Dark Crusade and Soul Storm expansion packs.

Command & Conquer Red Alert and Red Alert 2 being very good cold war era strategy games with Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge expansion pack having the best skirmish mode, if you prefer short battles with the AI over the campaign.

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars for something more modern (2007), or Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun if you don't mind the graphics.

As I've deduced that you are a Star Wars fan, I can recommend Star Wars: Empire at War for its amazing space battles (Just build a fleet of Star Destroyers and the Death Star and cleanse the rebellion from the galaxy!)

Sins of a Solar Empire

Star Wars: Empire At War is similar, but better in my opinion. I didn't like Sins of a Solar Empire much but it depends on your style of gaming. You may love it. So, recommended

Also, good strategies:

Age of Empires 2 (classic)
Sid Meier's Civilisation IV or V (V was published in 2010 so I recommend it.)

And another Starcraft-like but old RTS:

Outpost 2: Divided Destiny

Also wonderful Strategy-like game (in reality it is a Tactical RPG but requires strategy to win):

X-COM Enemy Unknown

Rokie06
Rokie06
47 posts
Nomad

Alright guys thanks for the suggestions but please no more red-alert,starcraft or any famous strategy games because I want the unheard but great games

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

How unknown do you want the games to be?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Rokie06 well in that case, Imperial Glory maybe? (I assume you know cossacks)

Or the Close Combat series for World War 2 (I assume you know Company of Heroes again ). Both are pretty old though so don't expect any good graphics (by today's standards)

As for a less known but more modern strategy game (with better graphics and different gameplay) that is one of my personal favorites, I recommend Act of War: Direct Action

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Any past Fire Emblem games are pretty unheard-of, but I don't think there's a lot of them outside of Japan.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

wow nobody knew about xcom enemy within? That is one of the best strategy games ive ever played. just look it up and trust me :]

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@231terminator I only said unknown because within is an expansion pack. XCOM is in my top 10 (I even recommeneded it in this thread)

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

o oops, didnt notice that you had it on your list, despite the big bold letters lol

Rokie06
Rokie06
47 posts
Nomad

@Doombreed I check out most of your games and I find them games that fit most of my requirements and no I don't know cossacks can you tell me what is it (I recognized the total war series)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Cossacks is a series of famous strategy games set in the 17th and 18th centuries.

You have 6 different resources with which to maintain your city in a good condition and train an army.

Gameplay differs from classic strategy games in that the player controls a lot of military troops, can assign them in formations (in presence of officers and drummers) to attack the enemy in different ways, has to keep his resources at an average level (lest his armies suffer from famine), can wage naval war through different types of ships or build artillery or grenadiers to have an advantage in range or against structures respectively.

It is set to simulate combat in the 17-18th century time period with an effective combat system designed to take every unit's real life strengths and weaknesses into account.

Unfortunately it is quite old (the first game was published in 2001) but you can play the sequel (Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars) for slightly better graphics.

Showing 1-15 of 20