ForumsThe TavernEliminate Vegetables and Initiate Liberty!

59 16862
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

My dearest comrades,

Look out upon this world of ours and realize as I have realized that we live in an endless salad buffet of lies! I too have been tempted by the siren song of spinach, the enticing eggplant, the alluring avocado. But be tempted no longer! Consider the noble rabbit: once a ferocious predator feared by even mightiest lion, now it must scavenge suburban lettuce like a strung out garden junkie. The cow, the deer, the antelope; all have fallen from greatness into the compost heaps of history.

For now, thanks to our diet supplemented by such nourishment as coca-cola, bologna, and American "cheese", we have been spared our herbivorous doom. BUT FOR HOW MUCH LONGER??! Even as I type these words, children around the world are being forced to consume broccoli. Mere children! I realize that this might be shocking to some, but the truth must be known. I have seen the root of all evil and it is a radish.

AND SO. I propose we form a league of like minded peoples in order to fight back against the tyranny of turnips! Join me, if you carrot all! Lettuce shed our leafy shackles! Beet down the oppressors! Toss the salad of evil back into the fires of hell from whence it came!

• 59 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm obsessed with anything meat, yet I still like vegetables as a complementary side dish. Does this apply?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

nope, I think it doesn't. You have to hate vegetables, as evidenced by the original post and by the oath (which is not yet approved unfortunately)

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

WAIT! Potatoes are starch, so can we eat those? if no, im out, I live in OK and I cant live without my 'taters ;-;

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I think we can. Of course we can. If we cannot eat potatoes then I am out too. (Can't live without french fries !)

Tell us @aknerd, does it matter? Is the oath ok?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

noooo veggies killed our leader ;-;

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Potatoes are parts of plants, so I would say they're out of reach for you. Btw, same counts for popcorn, mwahaha!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@HahiHa not really. We are talking about vegetables, not any part of any plant. That would include mushrooms too in a way (I don't like them but other veggie haters may).

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

While you're all fat and out of shape, I'll leave you in the dust when i run and ride my bike. xD

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Silly sstg, not eating veggies =/= fat. If we all eat just meats and exercise and get vitermans, we'll be fine

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@Doombreed

HahiHa not really. We are talking about vegetables, not any part of any plant.

Yes really. aknerd made it clear it is about plants in general. Here for example his speech against fruits:

"I too have been tempted by the siren song of spinach, the enticing eggplant, the alluring avocado. But be tempted no longer! "

And here it gets even more conspicuous:

"For now, thanks to our diet supplemented by such nourishment as coca-cola, bologna, and American "cheese", we have been spared our herbivorous doom. BUT FOR HOW MUCH LONGER??! "

So yes, you are not allowed any part of plants, according to the speech of your guru. (I wonder, will you be able to survive without popcorn?)

That would include mushrooms too in a way (I don't like them but other veggie haters may).

Silly, not at all. Mushrooms are not plants.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Technically, potatoes are starches, not plants... Technically.... *sniff*

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Technically, potatoes are starches, not plants... Technically.... *sniff*

A potato is a tuber of a plant and contains starch. Starch is a molecule.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

GO AWAY, NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR SMARTY SMARTNESS

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

I'll join. I do like meh some Ceaser salad, but a prime rib thats medium rare and some potatos are way better than salad. AND POTATERZ ARENT VEGIZ U FIEND

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@HahiHa

1. I suppose our leader would change his mind if he wasn't swallowed by vegetables right now.

So yes, you are not allowed any part of plants, according to the speech of your guru. (I wonder, will you be able to survive without popcorn?)

I have survived without popcorn for 19 years. It really isn't much of a trouble.
Besides, even if that's the case, I don't mind (until @aknerd comes to clear this out at least!).

Showing 16-30 of 59