ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] --> CSRF ERROR when posting? Check here first.

45 12350
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Recent security updates to our site have caused a small group of users to get "CSRF Errors" when posting on the forums. You'll notice often that one browser will do it, while others won't. The problem has to do with old cookies that aren't compatible with our new security settings, thus clearing your cookies will fix the issue, or likely posting from a "Privacy" or "Incognito" mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT
Create a BACKUP of your local SAVE game files FIRST to ensure they are not lost during the process of fixing this, as they are all deleted with the clearing of the cookies as well!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the trouble!

• 45 Replies
jaimehlers
jaimehlers
2 posts
Farmer

This is happening across two computers, so it is exceedingly unlikely that it has anything to do with my cookies or my cache. Especially since I've now cleared both on my laptop, and I am still getting this CSRF error.

The problem is, this "small group of users" includes a number of people who got screwed over on Dawn of the Dragons because they couldn't finish the world raid that was going on. I realize this CSRF thing is intended to help prevent cheating, but when your anti-cheating efforts affect users who don't cheat and never have, it is exceptionally aggravating.

Killerofcows
Killerofcows
8 posts
Shepherd

CSRF ERROR is stoping me from cheking in on king of towers

N8f03xl71L5x0
N8f03xl71L5x0
3 posts
Constable

When I refresh Dawn of the Dragons, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, or The King of Towers, it automatically acts as though I 'logged out' when I haven't, forcing me to re-enter my password and username repeatedly then clicking to open the games once again. Please help!

John0n
John0n
4 posts
Peasant

Carefully read the first message! Change the settings of your browser to Armorgames.
Change cookies privacy to "allow for session" or use "incognito" mode.

zanpaktou89
zanpaktou89
1 posts
Blacksmith

I receive CSRF error when logging in and after hitting try again I get through no problem. Though when I go to play any game there are ads and the game does not seem to be able to access the online save associated with my account

arthurovd
arthurovd
1 posts
Jester

Deleting cookies everytime I want play on armorgames isn't real solution.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

They are looking into this problem and working up a solution @zanpaktou89 and @arthurovd. Please have some more patience untill they get at the office... ok?

A BIG thank you for understanding and sincere apologies for the inconvenience everyone!!

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Clearing cookies/cache did NOT solve the issue.

Incognito-mode DELETED ALL MY PROGRESSES IN GAMES while being incognito.

Also, somehow WITHOUT LOGGING IN somehow all my progresses associated to my AG-account seem to be available for me, what says armorgames handles my datas NOT as described in the terms&use, and violates my rights, this issue being independent from the current problem partially.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Please calm down @twillight2... there's no need to become enraged and throw around accusations about Armor Games 'violating your rights and their own Terms and Conditions' for this.

There's a few problems that occurred at the moment after the recent security updates (check the thread's OP -^ top) and the Staff is working on fixing these. Please have some more patience with this, ok? Thank you.

Silk
Silk
2 posts
Scribe

very odd. I can play King of Towers perfectly fine, but Swords and Potions 2 will not come up. I keep getting the error. Tried Incognito mode. No joy. I don't quite understand where my game progress on Swords and Potions is saved, so I'm hesitant to delete anything,

FerryNice
FerryNice
15 posts
Peasant

I have the same issues as stated above, after clearing cache/cookies etc it does accept but is far from ideal.

Another thing I noticed is that logging in on main page doesn't work, if I select one of game catogories it does accept login, thought you should know...

cirene
cirene
1 posts
Scribe

I had almost all same problems as other users. I did nt had to clear cookies, still have errors and CSRF .... message. I tried different things, log in/log off to AG (sometimes several tries needed but some may have not this problem), then when you join the game page you want often you get message you need to create an AG account for MMO and others games a Play button. Ignore this, press F5 and , at least for me, I can load any game.
It s still boring but I can play, try it too
Good luck for tech guys to fix the issue, and thanks for helping and keeping us informed.

catlord
catlord
1 posts
Peasant

Hi,
same issue here.
It start becoming a problem when you play a persistent enviroment game and when you have paid for it.
some people can log in, other not, some a still progressing other not.

I have had a small success by clearing cache, removing all cookies bt it worked one time only. No it's back to CSRF problem and you can erase all the cookies / cache you want, it does nothing.

Hope this will be solved promptly .
best regards,
Cedric

khildin
khildin
1 posts
Farmer

It seems different games react differently on this issue. I can play perfectly well battle pirates, but Castle Clash gives the csrf error.

Hope this gets resolved asap.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I relogged in, refreshed and tada!

Showing 1-15 of 45