ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Armor Games payment options/alternatives

3 3161
Amleida
Amleida
3 posts
Peasant

A few years ago, I decided to spend some money on one of the games on this site. I soon found out that the ONLY payment option on armorgames is through Paypal. Which is good, I guess - I mean, it's one of the safest ways you can transfer money online. However, my paypal account got disabled a long time ago, because I simply don't use it very often.

As a matter of fact, I think I've only ever used it once or twice in 10 years. As a result, Paypal disabled my account, and now they want me to provide additional information in order to activate it again.

As it stands, my Paypal account is only &quotartially" active, which basically means that I can change my account information and a few other, completely insignificant things, but I can't actually use the service until I provide the desired information. After going back an forth between my inbox and my Paypal profile, I figured it was just too much hassle, and I just can't be arsed to send paypal a photograph of myself and some sort of identification that can confirm my address and whatnot, just to be able to make a small transaction in an online flash game.

A few years have passed since then, and there have been a few games that I've wanted to spend some money on, but decided not to, due to the hassle I'd have to go through in order to activate an old Paypal account that I'll most likely only use for this site. I tried to make a new Paypal account, but I should've known that I couldn't link the same e-mail address to it. I just.. this whole thing with Paypal is frustrating, so my question is, why aren't there any other payment alternatives on this site? I'm just asking them to take my money, why does it have to be so difficult?

Kongregate.com has several alternative payment options, so I can just provide my Visa information, which is less safe, but is definitely a better solution in my case. Also, it doesn't charge the 5% or whatever it is that Paypal charges from your transactions. Bottom line is that this site needs more payment options.

• 3 Replies
Amleida
Amleida
3 posts
Peasant

Do no one else have the same issue, or simply think that Armor Games needs to have a payment option that doesn't include Paypal?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Amleida We agree, there should be more ways to give payment. Our small team however makes the amount of projects we work on very limited, and this is one of many we'd love to see pushed through sometime in the future. I personally would enjoy Amazon Pay.

Thanks for the feedback.

Amleida
Amleida
3 posts
Peasant

Thanks for replying. I'm glad someone else agrees with me

Showing 1-3 of 3