ForumsWEPRWho is the American Sniper?

17 13450
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

So after watching the movie, I've decided to dig deeper into the real American Sniper named Chris Kyle. After watching a few videos, and reading some facts about him, I can't decide whether social media, propaganda and movies make him a great guy, or if he really was a great guy. I'm not saying that I agree he was a bad person, I'm just not sure of everything. What are your opinions?

Please watch this video, it sums up all the questionable parts of Mr. Chris Kyle.

• 17 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Check this video out for another opinion.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

and this is my opinion...

also, the young turks are pretty good liars themselves.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Nerdsoft, I've just watched your video. I can't say I agree with everything he said, but he definitely had a point.

@partydevil, Though I can't argue against what the guy said, can you? Yes, maybe people like him and the media could really exaggerate some things and twist some words, but in a way, his whole argument about Chris Kyle makes sense. Though there were some parts in the video that were truly questionable.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

whether or not he was a good person, he was an American soldier, and deserves the utmost respect for protecting and serving his country.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

people like him and the media could really exaggerate some things and twist some words

could?
tyt does that all the time. like... fox news like. the only difference is that fox news is based on lies and tyt on truth. but after that base, they both pull their words to the extreme with A LOT of acting. no sane person talks or behaves that way.

whether or not he was a good person, he was an American soldier, and deserves the utmost respect for protecting and serving his country.
you respect a bad person only because he is a soldier? .... that's bad...
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

**a soldier from your country**

sorry for double post, but i already used the edit button, and i doubt you would have respect for him if he was french for example. although he would also be shooting for your side of the war.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'll add to this, it's not about him being a soldier, which he was very good at and achieved many things, but it's about him as a person alone.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

also, the young turks are pretty good liars themselves

tyt does that all the time. like... fox news like. the only difference is that fox news is based on lies and tyt on truth. but after that base, they both pull their words to the extreme with A LOT of acting. no sane person talks or behaves that way.

TYT does sensationalize stuff, even though half the topics they discuss don't need such drama, Cenk Uygur has quite the End Game as it were in obtaining one of the most important amendments of all -- no money in politics. So even though the program is progressive with a touch of sensationalism, this is a guy who got fired from his earlier MSNBC job for speaking out *against* a progressive politician while on the air, and apparently they are not allowed to do that.

So to keep this on topic, Cenk's comments on the American Sniper do have merit to them, but he is notorious for being boisterous at times.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/929/487/6af.png

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

@Freakenstein i find it funny how you use words like "a touch of" and "at times". =P

Cenk's comments on the American Sniper do have merit to them, but he is notorious for being boisterous

they do, but i can't see him as a fully reliable source for info because of lies in other video's.

white death =)

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

if he's alone, who cares? Who really cares what anyone does as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. It's not like the guy went around beating women. He suffered from PTSD most likely. (not sure if anyone ever said he was or not) I still respect him for his actions in the middle east and his service to the USA. I respect all soldiers who are fighting for good. I don't respect the Nazis (godwin's law) or the terrorist groups.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I respect all soldiers who are fighting for good.

good is relative..
what makes your side good?
the terrorist groups are also fighting for a good cause...
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Exactly, good according to me and my morals. And killing people because they don't believe in your religion, no matter what that religion is, is not good.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

good according to me and my morals.

well.. respect is 1 thing i guess. i just hope you don't share the same ethics and morals that this guy has... =/ (it's hard to believe 1 does agree after watching these video's...)
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

well.. respect is 1 thing i guess. i just hope you don't share the same ethics and morals that this guy has... =/ (it's hard to believe 1 does agree after watching these video's...)

Can you be more specific on who you refer to? This could mean many things depending on who you are referring to.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Can you be more specific on who you refer to?

referring this to the 1 i quoted... (isn't that why we are quoting people in our posts?)
Showing 1-15 of 17