ForumsGamesBeating CG CS Endurance and Mana Farm Questions

2 1996
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

So i just beat my first endurance (A3 on looming). it obviously wasnt for huge endurance with such a low multiplier ( also got kinda bored, which is my struggle with these long runs, so just sent all the waves the last 350 or so).

But here is my really issue. I am doing the basic 32 spec 16 combine ( its easy to get started and remember). I kind of functionally topped out my mana gems at grade 72 using that, and got my kill gem to 74. What i am wondering is what kind of mana farming people are doing to get huge numbers. and more specifically, trying to find a balance point of sorts ( sorry...the hard core gem combining isnt for me) between getting more mana and thus better gems......and pulling my hair out struggling through insane combining

Thanks

• 2 Replies
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

The Shadow isn't the actual enemy, it's lag and tedium

The big problems are in game design: poor performance late game and especially that there's only one approach that's ridiculously better than any other.

I haven't checked a ton of maps, but looming endurance should be winnable with U gems at wiz level 10k or so (excepting the ridiculous outlier maps). You can certainly get relevant xp on haunting that way as well for a while too.

There's always the win the game with the least xp challenge, at least there's more than one way to win there. Any other interesting things to try?

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

So here's the one UgAhgItHurts (I still like that name) is dismissive of. I play since the game came out in April last year.

I never did spec/combine since then. I'm at wl 16k and literally waste each battle field by only playing "quick" runs. Still I have a lot of fields left that will bring me to 20k.

I'm doing those "quick" u-upgrade runs, because I have the same issue with long runs as you have. And quick means using pre-endurance to farm and building the final kill gem by starting endurance, 9x speed, just enraging to 999 monsters, sending waves at once, but also doing beacon farming. Takes 4-8 hours depending on my mood, and always (really always) ends with 500-1000 wl per run.

I just enjoy it more this way. Working on spec/combine wouldn't feel so much like playing a game, but completing a task for me.

Showing 1-2 of 2